Raiders vs. Eagles post game thoughts

Boring! But so is every preseason game. The Bills won't be that exciting too. Spend some quality time preparing for the main season, or with the family, or playing video games for the rest of summer vacation. The preseason games are awful, boring, unexciting, and did I mention boring to watch.

wow, didnt take long for me to be bored of this game

how long before Entourage starts?

737014[/snapback]

The preseason games are boring because the main starting guys play barely a full quarter. This will be the same for all 4 Bills games. BORING!!! Wait until the beginning of September before you see any action.

I must be the only one who finds these games interesting.... I like watching guys who are drafted late or sign as free agents. The Raiders selected a WR in the seventh round named Kevin McMahan. This kid sure looked the part, and for a team that has a fair ammount of recieving prowess, he's likely to be cut. The Raiders also sign Jabari Levey, a OT out of South Carolina. Again, he passes the "eyeball test" and played very late in the game. Generally, the Eagles, even in a 16-10 loss are going to be happier about their first teams' efforts than the Raiders group. I thought Aaron Brooks looked like his New Orleans self, and the offense he ran only scored versus the Eagles 2nd string. Conversely, Andy Reid had to love the way Donovan McNabb and his first string "D" performed. I found myself watching Winston Justice real closely, as I anticipated the Bills taking him at #26 back in April. He definately has a ways to go!! For me, the game is a benchmark to start the season, and being excited about football again. Love the NFL!!

I must be the only one who finds these games interesting.... I like watching guys who are drafted late or sign as free agents. The Raiders selected a WR in the seventh round named Kevin McMahan. This kid sure looked the part, and for a team that has a fair ammount of recieving prowess, he's likely to be cut. The Raiders also sign Jabari Levey, a OT out of South Carolina. Again, he passes the "eyeball test" and played very late in the game. Generally, the Eagles, even in a 16-10 loss are going to be happier about their first teams' efforts than the Raiders group. I thought Aaron Brooks looked like his New Orleans self, and the offense he ran only scored versus the Eagles 2nd string. Conversely, Andy Reid had to love the way Donovan McNabb and his first string "D" performed. I found myself watching Winston Justice real closely, as I anticipated the Bills taking him at #26 back in April. He definately has a ways to go!! For me, the game is a benchmark to start the season, and being excited about football again. Love the NFL!!

737100[/snapback]

I'm with you. Many thought the Bucs were going to take Justice, and thought the Bucs reached when they took guard Davin Joseph instead. It is funny if you read articles about the Bills or Bucs all you have to do is insert one name or the other. " The --- reached for this player and could have gotten him much lower than they picked him." Both were the top player at there position & who knows if either team would have gotten the player they wanted had they moved down.

Boring!  But so is every preseason game.  The Bills won't be that exciting too.  Spend some quality time preparing for the main season, or with the family, or playing video games for the rest of summer vacation.  The preseason games are awful, boring, unexciting, and did I mention boring to watch.

736986[/snapback]

Grant Irons, former Buffalo Bill, looked pretty good out there.

He just about killed the Philly QB in one of his plays...

Collinsworth is an idiot...he had actually said McNabb came out with something to prove tonight and he did that with his play tonight attempting 3 passes and completing them all.

Only thing McNabb proved tonight in a preseason game is that it was in fact preseason and the Raiders are going to stink again

safe to say I wont be watching the pregame or halftime shows for NBC this year with Collinsworth and Costas who used to be good but man is he clueless now

on another note the monday night crew is going to be terrible, Tirico and Theismann...just as bad as the sunday night crew has been for the past however many years

on another note the monday night crew is going to be terrible, Tirico and Theismann...just as bad as the sunday night crew has been for the past however many years

737170[/snapback]

Theismann is awful, but what don't you like about Mike T?

Actually, I thought that the combo of Tirico/Sharpe ranked as one of the best I have ever heard.

One thing that I noticed in last nights game was the Raiders' Robert Gallery. THey moved him to LT after he sucked at RT. Well, much to the Raiders' dismay, he sucked at LT as well, getting beat by a LB on a blitz, and a false start on the second play of the game. I'm sure Raiders fans are having the same conversation that us Bills fans had about Mike Williams.

Since I am the only bills fan in my house and everyone else are raiders fans....you can bet we were watching it....

- What the hell happened to Robert Gallery's promise? This guy looks WORSE then Mike Williams.....and they at the time were saying he was the greatest prospect to come out in years......

- Darnel Bing outplayed Michael Huff....as a matter of fact I didn't see Huff do anything special

- Where was the Bunkely? I didn't see him on the field

- We sure wouldn't want Justice starting as our LT....not this year

I must be the only one who finds these games interesting

737100[/snapback]

i was ready to watch it like it was a Bills super bowl. OMG! I love NFL football and don't care that it is preseason.

i enjoyed watching Andrew Walter. He didn't look great but he was fun to watch.

- Darnel Bing outplayed Michael Huff....as a matter of fact I didn't see Huff do anything special

737283[/snapback]

Darnell Bing has been moved to LB position and he missed an open field tackle on a swing pass to the RB which went for about 10 yards.

Since I am the only bills fan in my house and everyone else are raiders fans....you can bet we were watching it....

- What the hell happened to Robert Gallery's promise?  This guy looks WORSE then Mike Williams.....and they at the time were saying he was the greatest prospect to come out in years......

- Where was the Bunkely?  I didn't see him on the field

- We sure wouldn't want Justice starting as our LT....not this year

737283[/snapback]

Robert Gallery=Tony Mandarich

Bing is playing out of position and Huff is holding back because he doesn't want to get hurt before the season starts. You'll see him on Sportscenter quite a few times making big plays, believe me.

Bunkley just signed and is rumored to be looking like Corey Simon did las year (Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man). :)

Justice may get himself in enough trouble off the field that he isn't playing LT for anyone next year.

About the game, the kickers looked like they were playing for a pay raise.

Here's a post-game truth worth sharing.

We'll have televised preseason games this Thursday, Friday, Sunday and Monday nights, and then for the following two weeks we'll have televised preseason games Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights.

That's a beautiful, beautiful thing...preseason or not.