Do you believe Marv?

That's precisely the problem. I don't see why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp.

For example:

Aaron Schobel is a GREAT player on your team at 1-2 million dollars.

Aaron Schobel is a SOLID player on your team at 3-4 million dollars.

Aaron Schobel is a SHAKY player on your team at 5-6 million dollars.

Aaron Schobel is a CANCER on your team at 7-8 million dollars.

You HAVE to know what these players are worth to your team, the position he plays, what you are paying other players in that position, etc. Within a relatively small parameter, like within less than a million.

736748[/snapback]

I don't think he is being disingenuous, I think he truly doesn't know. It is a bit scary for your GM to not know exactly how much a player recently signed for, But Marv doesn't have to know these things in the untraditional set up we have.

Marv's the don of the Buffalo franchise right now. Unlike a traditional GM he's not involved very heavily in the actual running of the franchise. He trusts various experts within the organization to handle that. What he does is take all the information from those experts, and comes to decisions he thinks will better this team.

In some regards I Imagine he is more involved. It would make sense for him to be more involved with things he has been involved with before. But when it comes to concepts he is not an expert on I trust Marv is smart enough to let more qualified people handle things. These are the people that I worry the most about, because some of the big players are TD carry overs.

Even at his age I would trust few people more then Levy to be the Don.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he is being disingenuous, I think he truly doesn't know. It is a bit scary for your GM to not know exactly how much a player recently signed for, But Marv doesn't have to know these things in the untraditional set up we have.

Marv's the don of the Buffalo franchise right now. Unlike a traditional GM he's not involved very heavily in the actual running of the franchise. He trusts various experts within the organization to handle that. What he does is take all the information from those experts, and comes to decisions he thinks will better this team.

In some regards I Imagine he is more involved. It would make sense for him to be more involved with things he has been involved with before. But when it comes to concepts he is not an expert on I trust Marv is smart enough to let more qualified people handle things. These are the people that I worry the most about, because some of the big players are TD carry overs.

Even at his age I would trust few people more then Levy to be the Don.

737096[/snapback]

Good post. Don sounds a lot better than figurehead.