Here's my Training Camp Report from 8/5/06

We are now on Day 9 of Buffalo Bills Training Camp. The players came out wearing full pads today and started to have some full contact. The Buffalo Bills practiced on the grass fields today. It was a lot cooler out there, especially with the shade from the trees. As usual, the team worked on the individual drills, 7-on-7, 11-on-11, special teams and a 2-minute drill. They also did a controlled scrimmage at the end with the younger veterans and rookies who don't get a lot of practice time.

To start the day off, the Buffalo Bills did some individual drills and then stretched, like they always do. After that, the team went straight to some 11-on-11 drills. Kelly Holcomb began with the starting offense, but he took the role that Losman had yesterday and did a lot of handoffs. Willis McGahee had a couple nice runs, where he pounded through the middle. Lionel Gates also continued to impress when he got the ball. Next up was JP Losman behind center and he seemed to have some fire in his belly. He started out making a couple quick passes to his receivers. But then he began to pump fake too much and the defense was able to read it perfectly and defend it. Losman then went through his reads and threw a beautiful looking pass to Andre Davis for about 40-yards. Next, he hit Josh Reed for a 6-yard gain. He completed the drill by throwing the ball away after taking some major pressure from Chris Kelsay.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the article...

Mike,

Have they always started out with Holcomb under center, have they been alternating or has JP always started? I only ask because I'm curious if there is a coorelation between Holcomb starting out the practice and JP having a fiery day.

736703[/snapback]

It seems like each day I have watched, Kelly Holcomb gets the first reps of the day. But then they do another 11-on-11 drill again and Losman gets the first reps of that drill. So it really evens out in the end.