MLS signs 8-year television deal with

ajzepp

Fez actually told me the other day that he likes soccer.  Just don't tell him I told you that.  :lol:  :blink:

736574[/snapback]

If I did say that, then it must fall under the "tell a woman anything" category. :doh::(

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I did say that, then it must fall under the "tell a woman anything" category.  :doh:  :(

736577[/snapback]

Nope, wont believe that excuse until you tell lana that bledsoe is a washed up statue who cannot deliver when the game REALLY matters. :lol:

I've read that HD on DirecTV is not quite up to snuff compared to HD on Comcast Cable... BIG reason why I haven't made the switch.

736410[/snapback]

That's like arguing with your buddy over who will take home the 10 and who gets "stuck" with the 9.5.

HD anything rocks. Nitpicking over a few pixels is pointless.

That's like arguing with your buddy over who will take home the 10 and who gets "stuck" with the 9.5.

HD anything rocks.  Nitpicking over a few pixels is pointless.

736864[/snapback]

I agree and disagree. I love anything in HD too, but the differences among HD broadcasts can really be significant for people who really value picture quality. I've seen a LOT of HD programming, and while it invariably looks good, there are times when it looks spectacular.

I agree and disagree. I love anything in HD too, but the differences among HD broadcasts can really be significant for people who really value picture quality. I've seen a LOT of HD programming, and while it invariably looks good, there are times when it looks spectacular.

736866[/snapback]

I guess the day I'm worrying about it to that extent will be the day I tell myself, "E-ball, you're watching too much TV."

I haven't watched ANY television since a week ago Thursday; we moved and I couldn't schedule a DTV installation until tomorrow morning. My wife and I really haven't missed it.

I'm a bit hypocritical as well, admittedly. I have a 34" HD in the living room, I'm hanging a 32" LCD in my bedroom, and plan to put another LCD (prob 46") in the "theater/football" room before the regular season starts.

You want to talk about quality difference? Watch a Sunday Ticket game in HD, and then watch a SD game on another channel. Uggh. It looks like a bug-smeared windshield by comparison.

I guess the day I'm worrying about it to that extent will be the day I tell myself, "E-ball, you're watching too much TV."

I haven't watched ANY television since a week ago Thursday; we moved and I couldn't schedule a DTV installation until tomorrow morning.  My wife and I really haven't missed it.

I'm a bit hypocritical as well, admittedly.  I have a 34" HD in the living room, I'm hanging a 32" LCD in my bedroom, and plan to put another LCD (prob 46") in the "theater/football" room before the regular season starts.

You want to talk about quality difference?  Watch a Sunday Ticket game in HD, and then watch a SD game on another channel.  Uggh.  It looks like a bug-smeared windshield by comparison.

736871[/snapback]

I hear ya there, man....I don't know if you've ever had a front projector, but while HD programming looks stellar, SD stuff is nearly unwatchable. So I can totally relate to what you're saying. I have a Sanyo Z2 projecting onto a 120" surface, and SD stuff really looks lousy.

I'm just into the home theater thing in general. I love good quality audio, and I'm catching up with regard to the video part. I watch mostly sports and movies, but I do have a handful of tv shows I watch throughout the year, so I'm not a huge tv guy either. I care mostly about how films look, with sports being a close second. I know Rico and Fezmid have recently picked up HD-DVD players, and I'm going to follow suit in the next month or two. For me, film is the standard....I want the best video and audio reproduction I can afford. I get too much enjoyment out of the hobby to settle for less.

HD anything rocks.  Nitpicking over a few pixels is pointless.

736864[/snapback]

I have a 34" HD in the living room, I'm hanging a 32" LCD in my bedroom, and plan to put another LCD (prob 46") in the "theater/football" room before the regular season starts

Not being smart, but if you looked around on avsforum.com, most "videophiles" would consider that to be too small to even be considered "home theater". I agree, you probably couldn't tell the difference at 32" & 34".

And HD-DVD >>>>>> Cable HD and DirecTV HD and Blu-Ray* :D

* for now, anyways

The typical poster of TSW. Thanks eball. :lol:

Sigmund Freud would have a blast with most of the folks here. :D

736885[/snapback]

I am Sigmund freud.

HD-DVD >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Picard|Kirk|Sisko|Janeway|Archer  too!  :D

CW

736911[/snapback]

Captain Malcolm Reynolds > Picard