MLS signs 8-year television deal with

ajzepp

I'm shocked by this....pleasantly, of course, but still shocked. I've been well aware of the fact that the MLS has been a success in what it's set out to do, but this is a huge deal for them. I think this sets the stage to start bringing some of the better players into the MLS who are maybe in the twilight of their careers. Actually, both pro soccer leagues in the US - the MLS and the USL - are on pretty solid financial footing. They've been managed very well and there is enough interest to maintain viability.

Congrats MLS!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, congrats to the MLS indeed!

Meanwhile, don't forget OLN is changing it's name,

you can watch the NHL this fall on Versus.

:doh:  :(  :lol:

736394[/snapback]

is there an HD version of that channel? I'm telling you, the NHL should do whatever they can to ensure that their games are broadcast in HD....it makes all the difference in the world. Anyone who's seen one of the NHL games on HDNet knows what I'm talking about....the HD broadcasts on NBC this past year were good, but not nearly as good as what HDNet produces.

is there an HD version of that channel? I'm telling you, the NHL should do whatever they can to ensure that their games are broadcast in HD....it makes all the difference in the world. Anyone who's seen one of the NHL games on HDNet knows what I'm talking about....the HD broadcasts on NBC this past year were good, but not nearly as good as what HDNet produces.

736396[/snapback]

Sad to say, but I don't think it really matters... too big of a bust to salvage.

I recommend downscaling back to a 14-team league.

Sad to say, but I don't think it really matters... too big of a bust to salvage.

I recommend downscaling back to a 14-team league.

736399[/snapback]

I'm just glad it's NFL season again :doh:

736396[/snapback]

Yes there is -- I got to watch most of the Sabres/Canes series in HD on OLN (on DirecTV anyway). The picture was awesome. Only downside is that they sometimes switched to a non-HD camera in the corner of the ice. Come on guys, buy one more camera and get complete coverage already!

CW

Yes there is -- I got to watch most of the Sabres/Canes series in HD on OLN (on DirecTV anyway).  The picture was awesome.  Only downside is that they sometimes switched to a non-HD camera in the corner of the ice.  Come on guys, buy one more camera and get complete coverage already!

CW

736405[/snapback]

You mean you'd be watching the game in HD, and then when the puck went into the corner the pic would go to SD?? wtf? :doh:

Yes there is -- I got to watch most of the Sabres/Canes series in HD on OLN (on DirecTV anyway).  The picture was awesome.  Only downside is that they sometimes switched to a non-HD camera in the corner of the ice.  Come on guys, buy one more camera and get complete coverage already!

CW

736405[/snapback]

I've read that HD on DirecTV is not quite up to snuff compared to HD on Comcast Cable... BIG reason why I haven't made the switch.

I've read that HD on DirecTV is not quite up to snuff compared to HD on Comcast Cable... BIG reason why I haven't made the switch.

736410[/snapback]

I've never seen HD on DirecTV, but I know that there are a few channels on my Charter digital cable that look spectacular. HDNet, HDMovies, DiscoveryHD, and Fox all look great.....channels like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and the other networks are a crap shoot....very inconsistent.

736410[/snapback]

There aren't a lot of channels in HD on DirecTV (or anywhere, for that matter...) but the channels that are there are spectacular. OTA-HD is *SLIGHTLY* better, but not by much and only if you do an A/B comparison would you even notice.

Everything I've read said most cable companies have relatively crappy HD, so who knows... :doh:

CW

I've never seen HD on DirecTV, but I know that there are a few channels on my Charter digital cable that look spectacular. HDNet, HDMovies, DiscoveryHD, and Fox all look great.....channels like HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and the other networks are a crap shoot....very inconsistent.

736417[/snapback]

My only complaint here is that the NBC feed never comes in Dolby Digital. :doh:

I blame the local Baltimore station.

There aren't a lot of channels in HD on DirecTV (or anywhere, for that matter...) but the channels that are there are spectacular.  OTA-HD is *SLIGHTLY* better, but not by much and only if you do an A/B comparison would you even notice.

Everything I've read said most cable companies have relatively crappy HD, so who knows... :(

CW

736423[/snapback]

I've also read that most cable companies have relatively crappy HD, with the exception of Comcast....maybe the only thing they do right! :doh:

Yeah, and it only seemed to be in ONE corner.  :doh:

736424[/snapback]

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, lol.... :(

By the way, for the soccer fans on here, Chelsea of the Premier League is playing the MLS all-stars on ESPN right now :doh:

I was really surprised to hear that the Chelsea payroll is higher than the NY Yankees!

I like watching (on my 51" HDTV :lol: ) the concerts that are on the INHD channel that we have here. It's almost like you are there live watching the concert! It's pretty cool! :( It was also neat to watch Wimbeldon in HD. :blink: Sorry, if it's nothing to do with MLS. Just wanted to say that. :doh:

I like watching (on my 51" HDTV  :lol: ) the concerts that are on the INHD channel that we have here.  It's almost like you are there live watching the concert!  It's pretty cool!    :(  It was also neat to watch Wimbeldon in HD.  :blink:  Sorry, if it's nothing to do with MLS.  Just wanted to say that.  :doh:

736431[/snapback]

It's always nice to see a woman appreciate superior technology and sports :blink: