How do you reach for a safety

I don't get it. You reach for a safety in the first round of the draft, take a guy with unquestionable talent but questionable ability to contribute right away, when you have tons of other holes on your team including offensive line, defensive tackle, etc., and then you can't even sign him in time to let him have a chance to contribute in his first year.

I mean, WHAT IS NICK SABAN DOING?

:doh:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it.  You reach for a safety in the first round of the draft, take a guy with unquestionable talent but questionable ability to contribute right away, when you have tons of other holes on your team including offensive line, defensive tackle, etc., and then you can't even sign him in time to let him have a chance to contribute in his first year.

736379[/snapback]

lol. Good one. :(

I don't get it.  You reach for a safety in the first round of the draft, take a guy with unquestionable talent but questionable ability to contribute right away, when you have tons of other holes on your team including offensive line, defensive tackle, etc., and then you can't even sign him in time to let him have a chance to contribute in his first year.

736379[/snapback]

Come on CT, you are going to get the Draftbad! posters here all hot and bothered with this topic, and then when they click here to spew their moronic-ness, they'll be disappointed. How dare you rob them a chance to bash the draft for not taking 10 o-linemen, and taking "undersized <cough>bull sh--<cough>" DB's.

736379[/snapback]

hahahaha

I've ignored this thread for hours thinking it was an out of date rant.

Thanks.

Pleased to be fooled. :(

:(

736379[/snapback]

Oh, I get it........"WE'RE DOOOOOMED". :doh: The sarcasm will BEGIN to be funny when it's justified. I hate the Fish, but they have a good coach, they won their last 6 games last year and added a great young QB in the offseason. There is a difference between a rebuilding team not being able to sign their top pick and a contending team not being able to do so. They have bigger fish to fry, so to speak.

There is also a difference between a rebuilding team taking a safety in the Top 10 vs a contending team taking a safety in the top 15.

That difference, among other things, amounts to $7M in guaranteed money.

There is a difference between a rebuilding team not being able to sign their top pick and a contending team not being able to do so. They have bigger fish to fry, so to speak.

736633[/snapback]

736379[/snapback]

The media will give him all the slack in the world, afterall haven't you heard? He's got more important things to think about: Wicky Stubbs His Toe in Locker Room - needs stitches!

It's Saban, from the media point of view he's second only to Belichek in the "Can-do-no-wrong" department. He's already been annointed genius status by many idiots. This will be portrayed as excellent negotiating technique by the Dolphins brain trust because everyone is jumping on the Miami bandwagon again.

RTB

Fark Miami, Fark NE

Oh, I get it........"WE'RE DOOOOOMED".  :D  The sarcasm will BEGIN to be funny when it's justified.  I hate the Fish, but they have a good coach, they won their last 6 games last year and added a great young QB in the offseason.  There is a difference between a rebuilding team not being able to sign their top pick and a contending team not being able to do so. They have bigger fish to fry, so to speak.

736633[/snapback]

Can you lighten up, just a little bit?

There is also a difference between a rebuilding team taking a safety in the Top 10 vs a contending team taking a safety in the top 15.

That difference, among other things, amounts to $7M in guaranteed money.

736637[/snapback]

You too. Sheesh.

BTW, Allen isn't just a safety - he's an injured safety whose injuries are considered by some to be career-threatening. And the Dolphins may be "contending," but they also have serious needs at o-line, d-tackle, and WR. If you ask me, they should have traded down to pick up Mangold or Sinorice Moss. But, I know you'd rather just blare away on your one note over and over again...

they won their last 6 games last year and added a great young QB in the offseason. 

736633[/snapback]

Now here is where the Bills of last year are a great hope and inspiration. Last year they came into the season high with the scent of victory in ther nostrils. With the exception of an abberation aginst the Steelers back ups they were REALLY strong. While not the same as a great young QB, they had apparantly accquired a stud running back who was even being touted as a top five fantasy pick due to his scoring potential. Mularkey was being touted as potentially the next great Bills coach after recovering from that horrendous start.

We all see how that turned out...

and now Mularkey is in Miami.

Hopefully for us, he can be part of the same cycle again there. Unlimited potential to total frustration in just 16 games.

Oh, I get it........"WE'RE DOOOOOMED".  :D  The sarcasm will BEGIN to be funny when it's justified.  I hate the Fish, but they have a good coach, they won their last 6 games last year and added a great young QB in the offseason.  There is a difference between a rebuilding team not being able to sign their top pick and a contending team not being able to do so. They have bigger fish to fry, so to speak.

736633[/snapback]

The Media builds Miami up as a contender, but they are really not. They are old on defense, their offense is questionable (one TE, an offense doesn't make) and they have no quarterback. Yup. that's what I said..no quarterback. He will lose more games than win for the Dolphins. He builds up all his stats when the game is out of reach. He is not clutch. I've seen him play a lot and he stinks as stinky goes.

But, they have a great coach! That I'll give them. 7-9 record, mark it.

The Media builds Miami up as a contender, but they are really not. They are old on defense, their offense is questionable (one TE, an offense doesn't make) and they have no quarterback. Yup. that's what I said..no quarterback. He will lose more games than win for the Dolphins. He builds up all his stats when the game is out of reach. He is not clutch. I've seen him play a lot and he stinks as stinky goes.

But, they have a great coach! That I'll give them.  7-9 record, mark it.

736740[/snapback]

Exactly. They were supposed to win 10-11 games two years ago. They lost one player, Wicky, and crumbled. They got Wicky back along with Ronnie Brown, and suddenly they're 9-7 with a wunderkind coach. :D:lol:

This all goes out the window if Culpepper plays great but I don't see it. IMO, the Dolphins will be 8-8 or 9-7 this year, and not much better than the Bills.