Gilbride given kudos by Moon

Fezmid

Obviously Moon doesn't know what he's talking about, since the HoF folks on TSW think thhe suck :(

736309[/snapback]

So you like Bledsoe AND Kildrive??? And here I thought I was really starting to like you :doh:

Can't put 2003 all on Gilbride... would've won more than 6 games if he had Moon. :(

736314[/snapback]

true dat :doh:

I think killdrive was a good coordinator at one time. He was a run and shoot coordinator who couldn't adapt to the times.

736350[/snapback]

Yes indeed. He was unaware of the benefits of the alarm clock.

Gilbride is a typical one trick pony. He was able to put together a great offense when he was given a ton of talent but as it is with most guys, he was unable to make the necessary adjustments when he didn't have the personnel to play "his" offense.

Kept trying to put the square peg in the round hole, if you will.

I didn't hear the speech. Did he mention them in the context of having fresh towels and cold water for him when he hit the sidelines in practice or a game? That's important stuff...proper hydration and a good, dry, germ free towel can never be underestimated

So you like Bledsoe AND Kildrive???  And here I thought I was really starting to like you  :doh:

736312[/snapback]

Not a huge Gilbride fan -- but to read here, you'd think he was the worst coordinator in the history of the sport.

Just thought it was an interesting comment is all (and I know how easy it is to stir things up here :( )

Not a huge Gilbride fan -- but to read here, you'd think he was the worst coordinator in the history of the sport.

Just thought it was an interesting comment is all (and I know how easy it is to stir things up here :( )

736398[/snapback]

:doh:

736398[/snapback]

It's funny, but when I responded to this thread earlier I was thinking about the exact phrase Darin used -- "one-trick pony."

Gilbride wasn't the worst coordinator in the history of the sport, but his stubbornness and inability to adapt killed many an offense (hence the nickname Killdrive).

Gilbride is a typical one trick pony.  He was able to put together a great offense when he was given a ton of talent but as it is with most guys, he was unable to make the necessary adjustments when he didn't have the personnel to play "his" offense.

Kept trying to put the square peg in the round hole, if you will.

736359[/snapback]

... except for the time he coordinated a power "pro style" offense at jax that was near the top of the league for a couple of years.

... except for the time he coordinated a power "pro style" offense at jax that was near the top of the league for a couple of years.

736587[/snapback]

I'm not sure how much power he really had there. I prefer to look at his tenures in San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo - places where the offenses had similiar issues.

I'm not sure how much power he really had there.  I prefer to look at his tenures in San Diego, Pittsburgh, and Buffalo - places where the offenses had similiar issues.

736605[/snapback]

Good point. Coughlin was the HC in Jax -- not exactly a "chuck and duck" proponent.