Peerless Price an ex punk

beerme1

I really thought of Peerless as your typical, overpaid self important punk type of player. You know, like Willis is going to be this year and next. Showboating, running off at the mouth etc <_<

My opinion is really changing right now. Is it just me? Or is PP showing himself to be a more humble down to earth honest type of football player? If there are even any of them left at this point.

It has been a breath of fresh air listening to Peerless when he speaks. He can still be the thug if he wants but he seems a little more committed to the game and having the right teamates.

That is not the Peerless I remember.

I will predict based on the renewed energy we are going to benefit from with him this year, 71 cathes for 1489 yds.

Booya.

Welcome back Peerless!!

I really thought of Peerless as your typical, overpaid self important punk type of player. You know, like Willis is going to be this year and next. Showboating, running off at the mouth etc  <_<

My opinion is really changing right now. Is it just me? Or is PP showing himself to be a more humble down to earth honest type of football player? If there are even any of them left at this point.

It has been a breath of fresh air listening to Peerless when he speaks. He can still be the thug if he wants but he seems a little more committed to the game and having the right teamates.

I will predict based on the renewed energy we are going to benefit from with him this year, 71 cathes for 1489 yds.

Booya.

Welcome back Peerless!!

734975[/snapback]

HELL YA he is humble now. He sucked with Atlanta. From his injuries to his eye problem - he was a joke. He can't beat the double team, but alone or in space, and when he runs straight line, he is dangerous. He has egg on his face and he may swat that off with a good season as the 3rd down burner on the skinny post patterns he only runs well.

HELL YA he is humble now.  He sucked with Atlanta.  From his injuries to his eye problem - he was a joke.  He can't beat the double team, but alone or in space, and when he runs straight line, he is dangerous.   He has egg on his face and he may swat that off with a good season as the 3rd down burner on the skinny post patterns he only runs well.

734980[/snapback]

Well what I'm good with all that. Especially if he becomes a 3rd down burner who picks up first downs. And why would you expect him to be double teamed if he sucks so much?

I agree he sucked in Atlanta. But how much of that had to do with Vick? Dallas was just a total loss.

Was it a fluke the dude caught so many passes here? I don't think so. And if he can bring back half of what he did for us before and Lee Evans truly becomes a #1

I will be happy with Peerless. But I am expecting more than that from him.

I wouldn't be surprised as the season wears on that he competes with Lee for the number 1 spot.

And maybe more importantly, I don't think he would be more inclined to want JP throwing the rock because the ball will be going downdfield, and by that I mean at least 15 yards, way more than with Holcomb.

Maybe I'm dreaming but Marv may have just made the steal of free agency with him.

Well. I'm hoping ya know <_<

Actually, I don' think PP has changed much, I think you may be taling a fuller more realistic view of him. He performed extremely well for the Bills when he was here, producing reasonable numbers for catches, yards per catch and TDs as a rookie and then improving on them each year as a Bills, His final year here was one of the most productive for a #2 WR in history with 94 catches to Moulds 100.

Yhr only negative production I saw from him was some bad fumbles one year but even these came when instead of going down with the first hit, he was struggling for extra yards and set for a hard hit by a second defender with the first clawing at his ankle he coughed it up. To me this showed Peerless being a real gamer fighting for every yard he could get even though I wished in those cases he was a bigger weiner and went sown with the first hit.

His 94 catches that year was by far the class of the FA grup that year and he deserved the shot and the big bucks he got. Folks seem to dislike former Bills though and the party line was developed among some of the Bills faithful that he was a malcontent, a weenie or worse. I never saw that from him when he was here.

He definitely sucked in AT. My sense is that this was because:

1. He never really developed a good chemistry with Vick whose thought is to run first an pass second.

2, He does have some linitations as a WR despite some real talents like his speed and fight for yardage attitufe. He seems to be more of a guy who will run a specific patterns as it is designed but he is not much of an improvisor. As Vick's styple is all about improvisation and opportunism, Price simply was lost out there.

3. Indiciations are also that you can't go home again. Though it seemed initially appealing to go back to AT, it also can mean extra pressure as every old buddy you ever met (and some you didn't) come around for tickets or big investments. You are not only on the stage every Sunday but there is no escape when it does not work out to your hotel room or into a foreign town.

4. Health issues. In particular an eyesight problem made it tough for him.

However, many of these problems are solved by him moving to another team. Also as the health issues are something which can be gauged by th Billa' dpcs, I assume since we were comfrtable giving him a big signing bonus that the health issues are solved.

The best thing for us is though he sucks as a #1 we merely want him to be a #2. If he has 2/3 the production he had as our #2 in 2002 it will be a good year for him and the Bills,

I really thought of Peerless as your typical, overpaid self important punk type of player. You know, like Willis is going to be this year and next. Showboating, running off at the mouth etc  <_<

Booya.

Welcome back Peerless!!

734975[/snapback]

Getting kicked in the groin numerous times over a few years can have that affect on a guy. I'll believe he's not a self important douche bag the first time he actually blocks on a running play.

Getting kicked in the groin numerous times over a few years can have that affect on a guy.  I'll believe he's not a self important douche bag the first time he actually blocks on a running play.

735112[/snapback]

...or when he avoids the stupid penalty/costly turnover at the most important juncture of the game.