The reason JP is not running around

I've seen camp reports indicating JP is staying in the pocket & not running like last year, when he'd take off at a moments notice. I think the answer is a lot simpler than JP's matured that much since last year. I think the answer is last year Mularkey, Clements & Wyche encouraged JP to use his mobility & run a lot. This year, I think he's been instructed not to run around like last year. It's the coaching! It's that simple-this year's coaches actually want to keep JP in one piece and use more high percentage plays than last year's group who thought they were too smart for their own good. I think the coaching change is very similar to when Marv took over for Hank Bullough, out with the stupid, in with the Ivy Leaguer.

I've seen camp reports indicating JP is staying in the pocket & not running like last year, when he'd take off at a moments notice.  I think the answer is a lot simpler than JP's matured that much since last year.  I think the answer is last year Mularkey, Clements & Wyche encouraged JP to use his mobility & run a lot.  This year, I think he's been instructed not to run around like last year.  It's the coaching!  It's that simple-this year's coaches actually want to keep JP in one piece and use more high percentage plays than last year's group who thought they were too smart for their own good.  I think the coaching change is very similar to when Marv took over for Hank Bullough, out with the stupid, in with the Ivy Leaguer.

734968[/snapback]

We'll see how calm he is in the pocket when the heat starts coming against this line for real.

Well, I didn't see JP in camp last year, but I did see the scrimmage and the pre-season games...I remember thinking, after the first pre-season game, JP looked solid...by the fourth, I was pretty sure that he was in for a long year...I remember reading lots of great things about JP...most of those great things never translated into anything...I am hoping to god, he shows a lot of improvement, I think he will get his fair shot this year...

In all fairness to JP, though his stats were only marginally better, I think he looked much better in his second stint as starter...

I think it may have something to do with a slightly better offensive line.

Last year's line did not bode well for him, granted I think it's got to be tougher as an O-lineman to block for a mobile quarterback that tends to have some unpredictability.

This line seems different, I have a feeling that while this isn't a line of pro-bowlers I think cohesiveness will be more apparent this year in games.