Who will be the better QB this year...

Both drafted the same year in the first round. From everything I've read, the Chargers fans are expecting him to perform at a high level. At the same time it seems like the Bills fans just hope JP doesn't dump his pants to the point that Holcomb needs to come in. Personally, I think Rivers will have the better season.

Both drafted the same year in the first round. From everything I've read, the Chargers fans are expecting him to perform at a high level. At the same time it seems like the Bills fans just hope JP doesn't dump his pants to the point that Holcomb needs to come in. Personally, I think Rivers will have the better season.

734610[/snapback]

Rivers has not had the pressure of being forced in too early and the plight of an inferior offensive line. He is also the beneficiary of the tutelage of Drew Brees.

I am trying to be fair in judging Losman. He has sparkled at times but for the most part his talent is very raw. The front office has neglected the offensive line for years. Young quarterbacks need more than band aid solutions for protection. I wish this wasn't the case but I expect to see another year of breakdowns in blocking and simply being overmatched by faster, more athletic defensive linemen.

So I have to go with Rivers.

Phillip Rivers. I thought Rivers was the best qb prior to that draft and I still do. He wont be great this year, but I expect him to be better then losman. Rivers was known for his tremendous accuracy in college I believe he holds the ncaa completition pct record. I dont see where he's anything like ramsey as Rivers was never known for having a cannon arm. He'll probably struggle somewhat coming out the gate but I expect by the middle of the year he'll pick it up. I dont expect anything out of JP other then I'll be happy if he can prove me wrong, about his accuracy, touch passes and footwork in the pocket. I wont get my hopes up on field awareness, nor do I expect Losman to light it up or be gone, but if he doesnt improve over his last year dreadful performances then yes he should go at the end of the season.

Watching Rivers in his very limited action last year, I'm gonna go with JP.  And actually I don't think it'll be close.  I think Rivers needs a lot of time before he'll be serviceable going up against pro defenses.

I'm right there with you. Rivers has the better team around him but the way he looked at the end of last year really made me doubt he'll be ready to lead them.

I don't know if JP will be any better than Rivers, but I agree with the above that Rivers is going to look pretty pedestrian this year. San Diego is probably going to end up being fairly mediocre and the fans will be tearing out their hair for dishing Brees.

I think Losman has the better weapons at WR. Rivers has a better line blocking in front of him, an all-world RB, and an all world TE.

I think Rivers might be a better QB, but with a 36 year old McCardell as his go to WR, I think it may be tough for him to accumulate statistics that JP might get. I think Schottenheimer will be able to gameplan to those weaknesses and put the Chargers in a better opportunity to win.

I think that JP will have the better season statistically, but I think that the Chargers will have a better season as a team.

Rivers has a more finished product around him, so I expect him to have a better season.  Having LT in the backfield doesn't hurt either.

734632[/snapback]

Everyone seems to forget that most people felt JP had a solid group surrounding him going into last season. It's amazing what a shaky young QB and a suspect OL can do to the rest of teams pschy.

The same may very well, or probably will happen to Rivers and the Bolts this year.

Everyone seems to forget that most people felt JP had a solid group surrounding him going into last season.  It's amazing what a shaky young QB and a suspect OL can do to the rest of teams pschy.

The same may very well, or probably will happen to Rivers and the Bolts this year.

734653[/snapback]

Don't forget a defense that fell to pieces. Few, if any, forecasted such a dramatic collapse on that side of the ball.

Watching Rivers in his very limited action last year, I'm gonna go with JP.  And actually I don't think it'll be close.  I think Rivers needs a lot of time before he'll be serviceable going up against pro defenses.

734636[/snapback]

I'll go with JP as well, mostly because I think Rivers has "bust" written all over him. I didn't like him coming out of college and until he proves otherwise, I don't like him still.

... I think Rivers has "bust" written all over him.  I didn't like him coming out of college and until he proves otherwise, I don't like him still.

734752[/snapback]

I had the same feeling about JP, but I sincerely hope he proves me wrong.

734610[/snapback]

Does Losman get to throw to Antonio Gates? <_<