Buffalo Chicken Wing Festival

IndyMark

Since living in Sheboygan County Wisconsin, I had (up until last week) been trying to find some "true" Buffalo Style wings. It took me a few years in Indy so I thought Wisconsin might be even harder to uncover them. Then while I was in the city of Sheboygan I stumbled (figuratively not literally) into a non-descript hole in the wall eatry (I say that with all due respect).

I orderd up some wings (medium for the wife and kids and extra hot for me) and WOW - pretty amazing. So I ask the bartender/cook/owner have you ever considered entering these in the Buffalo contest? He smiled and pointed to the wall and there stood two first place awards from the 2005 national festival (medium and xtra hot). They were absolutely the best wings outside of Buffalo - bar none.

So if any of you ever find yourself in Sheboygan WI - go to Legend Larry's. (I think they may have recently opened another in Manitowoc).

Just throwing it out there.......

I'm not sure how you visit a town named Sheboygan and keep a straight face.

733709[/snapback]

If you think it is difficult to keep a straight face in Sheboygan, just try to visit Sheboygan Falls; now that is not easy.

Well I for one appreciate this post! Thanks for the info! My wife's grandmother lives there, and her parents have a house in Green Bay and Winneconne, so next time she drags me to visit her family, I"ll tell her ok, but only if we get good wings!!! :blush: You have an address for that?

ANd to those making fun of the name, the cities in WNY aren't any better. Lancaster? Lakawana? Tonawanda? :devil:

EDIT: Found the link: http://www.legendlarrys.com/menu.html

CW

Well I for one appreciate this post!  Thanks for the info!  My wife's grandmother lives there, and her parents have a house in Green Bay and Winneconne, so next time she drags me to visit her family, I"ll tell her ok, but only if we get good wings!!! :D  You have an address for that?

ANd to those making fun of the name, the cities in WNY aren't any better.  Lancaster?  Lakawana?  Tonawanda?  :devil:

EDIT: Found the link: http://www.legendlarrys.com/menu.html

CW

733871[/snapback]

And according to my wife we pronounce them all wrong. :blush:

Since living in Sheboygan County Wisconsin, I had (up until last week) been trying to find some "true" Buffalo Style wings. It took me a few years in Indy so I thought Wisconsin might be even harder to uncover them.  Then while I was in the city of Sheboygan I stumbled (figuratively not literally) into a non-descript hole in the wall eatry (I say that with all due respect).

I orderd up some wings (medium for the wife and kids and extra hot for me) and WOW - pretty amazing.  So I ask the bartender/cook/owner have you ever considered entering these in the Buffalo contest?  He smiled and pointed to the wall and there stood two first place awards from the 2005 national festival (medium and xtra hot).  They were absolutely the best wings outside of Buffalo - bar none.

So if any of you ever find yourself in Sheboygan WI - go to Legend Larry's.  (I think they may have recently opened another in Manitowoc).

Just throwing it out there.......

733702[/snapback]

I was in Ft. myers beach, FL this past weekend, and had a similar experience. We went to this hole in the wall sports pub on the beach, after we had been told it had good cheap food. I ordered the wings, and i was surprised and pleased to get a heaping plate of big crispy wings. Theres werent your typical BW3 pinky-finger size wings, these were the real deal. Cooked to perfection, only drawback was the sauce was a bit too thin. It had good flavor, but needed some more substance so it would stick to the wing.

So if anyone in ft myers beach wants go to the Dockside Sports pub. Just be ready to deal with a boston accent. (Altho to me, a boston accent is welcome after living in the land of rednecks with "yall" this and "fixin" to do that)

I was in Ft. myers beach, FL this past weekend, and had a similar experience. We went to this hole in the wall sports pub on the beach, after we had been told it had good cheap food. I ordered the wings, and i was surprised and pleased to get a heaping plate of big crispy wings. Theres werent your typical BW3 pinky-finger size wings, these were the real deal. Cooked to perfection, only drawback was the sauce was a bit too thin. It had good flavor, but needed some more substance so it would stick to the wing.

So if anyone in ft myers beach wants go to the Dockside Sports pub. Just be ready to deal with a boston accent. (Altho to me, a boston accent is welcome after living in the land of rednecks with "yall" this and "fixin" to do that)

734580[/snapback]

Just 10 miles south and 5 miles west of Ft. myers is Bonita beach where Buffalo chips is owned and operated by a buffalo native, great food and sports bar...Less traffic than ft. myers, alot of wny people hang there, I use to go to that bar, I was the guy with the bahston accent <_<