JP Dumont awarded $2.9 one year

millbank

The Arbitrator has awarded Sabre JP Dumont $2.9 , says WGR550

733639[/snapback]

.74 points per game.

York averaged .69 and got 2.85 mill.

Sounds about right for what these freaking arbitrators have been giving out. By the way, here's a good post from a SportingNews blog:

Holy crap! Can you believe what the arbitraitors are handing out?

I think all the work to educate the GMs, agents, players and refs about the new NHL is completely lost because they forgot to present it to the arbitraitors. I'm glad Mike Ryder signed before his hearing (2.2 mill.) because he probably would have got 3.5 to 4 mill.

I'm not saying that the players aren't good enough to earn that amount of money. I'm just saying that we went though a lost season to keep costs under control and it feels like all 4 wheels are coming off at the same time.

Here are the latest awards:

Calder - Chicago - $2.95 for one year up from $1.311 last year - a raise of 225% - last year he scored 59 points in 79 games

Bouwmeester - Florida - $2.1 and $2.25 for two years up from $945,630 last year - a raise of 222% this coming year alone - last year he scored 46 points in 82 games

Gomez - New Jersey - $5 million for one year up from $2.204 last year - a raise of 226% - last year he scored 84 points in 82 games

Malone - Pittsburgh - $1.3, $1.45 for two years up from "just less than" 1 million last year - a raise of 130% (gee, what did he do to the arbitraitor?) - last year he scored 44 points in 81 games

Briere - Buffalo - $5 million for one year up from $1.938 last year - a raise of 258% - last year he scored 58 points in 48 games

York - NY Islanders - $2.85 for one year up from $2.05 last year - a raise of 139% - last year he scored 52 points in 75 games

Everyone deserves a raise for a job well done but these guys are not politicians. In the business world a 2% - 5% raise is considered the norm. A 20% raise means we're making double mortgage payments. 100% and 200% raises are outrageous and if I were a NHL owner, I'd be shaking in my boots.

What was the point of rolling back salaries last season, just to have arbitraitors give it all back, and then some, this year? We as hockey fans need to find a new hobby/interest if this continues because next time it won't be a lockout - it'll be a shut down.

Bye Bye JP....too much $$ in my opinion.........(Dumont that is...)

733732[/snapback]

I agree. The Sabres are going to have to make a choice between Briere and Dumont. I would like to keep J.P. but the cap won't permit it with Miller yet to be signed.

I am hoping the Sabres have a few more surprises in their youth movement:

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060803/1009415.asp