Beef on Weck

The beef is a cross between prime rib and roast beef

I think I've been out of the business too long. :lol:

And I hate when people bastardize food. There is a restaurant chain here in CA that we went to this past Monday and they have Buffalo Chicken Pizza.

I think I've been out of the business too long.  :lol:

And I hate when people bastardize food.  There is a restaurant chain here in CA that we went to this past Monday and they have Buffalo Chicken Pizza.

733569[/snapback]

Yes - prime rib for beef on weck??? :doh:

Hot rolls?

You can get a decent taste out of a kaiser roll (no egg content, please), by brushing with an egg white wash then dusting with caraway seed and kosher salt..but hot rolls?

Authoritative recipe for authentic kummelweck available in TSW's Recipe section. :D

Yes - prime rib for beef on weck??? :lol:

Hot rolls?

You can get a decent taste out of a kaiser roll (no egg content, please), by brushing with an egg white wash then dust ing with caraway seed and kosher salt..but hot rolls?

Authoritative recipe for authentic kummelweck available in TSW's Recipe section. :doh:

733612[/snapback]

I was just laughing at the fact that it's a cross between prime rib and roast beef. Last time I checked prime rib IS roast beef.

I was just laughing at the fact that it's a cross between prime rib and roast beef.  Last time I checked prime rib IS roast beef.

733616[/snapback]

There is one of the 2nd tier fast-food hawkers - TGIF, O'Charlies or the like - advertising using half of prime grade beef for their latest promotional hamburger. What a marketing sham..trying to inculcate that prime beef is better for a burger... :lol:

A burger is fat-laden - which a prime cut may be - but slathered with condiments.

If one can discern prime beef beyond the piles of junk, they are a better man than me...