Is there a city that parties harder in the summer

Anyone who knows much about alcohol and drug usage knows that quantity and quality of the liquor or drugs has much less to do with its abuse than the individual's reaction to it. A guy whose personality changes from a basically good dude to a belligerent ****, or a self-serving cruel drunk after one or two beers is a bigger alcoholic than a guy who drinks ten beers and is the same basic guy. There are millions of both kinds. I am not advocating partying hard, just observing it. What does it say that virtually everyone agrees that Buffalonians are very friendly good people and Buffalonians party hard?

734514[/snapback]

I travelled a bit....and I am a partier....Goodland fla is located on marco island, and it's a small commercial fishing village with a pop about a 1000...6 or 7 bars-restaraunts...and a couple bar-chicki huts...

Stan's bar is the main attraction, catering to bikers and tourist, great bands and food, outdoors on the dock....I lived on a cabin cruiser in the bay....Friggen, that place, was like no place I ever seen....Bikers and hippies and yuppies doing all the intoxicants and jamming to the blues 7 days a week... And the snow was boated in <_<

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But what you're saying (and a lot of people are saying) it that Buffalo in the summer is better than, let's say, the west coast.  The women alone on the west coast blow WNY away.

734719[/snapback]

Well, all I was saying is that Buffalo is great in the summer and that there are tons of things to do involving drinking and listening to music outside. I don't necessarily maintain that it is the best place in the world in the summer but there is a tremendous and surprising amount to do.

I haven't lived on the West Coast, but the time I have spent there I have greatly enjoyed. There is a lot to do all the time, but rarely is much of it free- and the summers aren't particularly any greater than the rest of the year. I won't comment on the women issue, but will agree that they're hot. <_<

Well, all I was saying is that Buffalo is great in the summer and that there are tons of things to do involving drinking and listening to music outside.  I don't necessarily maintain that it is the best place in the world in the summer but there is a tremendous and surprising amount to do.

I haven't lived on the West Coast, but the time I have spent there I have greatly enjoyed.  There is a lot to do all the time, but rarely is much of it free- and the summers aren't particularly any greater than the rest of the year.  I won't comment on the women issue, but will agree that they're hot.    <_<

734727[/snapback]

I think what it really boils down to is, as someone already pointed out, it that summer in Buffalo is relatively short compaired to warmer areas so they cram all the good times in to a short period of time. And I will agree there is very little that is free out here......other than looking at the women.