Is there a city that parties harder in the summer

I was home last weekend for a HS reunion. Buddy Guy was playing a free concert at the Erie Basin Marina. St.Barnabas had it lawn fete with two beer tents, one with a rock band, the other with polka. The Bisons had fireworks after their game friday. Sidewalk cafe's were jam packed from Chippawa to Allenstown.

I looked in the Artvoice and saw the schedule of FREE concerts on the square and on the canal. These are the same performers you have to pay $30 or more to see in concert anywhere elese, and they are playing for free in Buffalo.

It just struck me that Buffalo in the summer is awesome.

PTR

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was home last weekend for a HS reunion.  Buddy Guy was playing a free concert at the Erie Basin Marina.  St.Barnabas had it lawn fete with two beer tents, one with a rock band, the other with polka.  The Bisons had fireworks after their game friday.  Sidewalk cafe's were jam packed from Chippawa to Allenstown. 

I looked in the Artvoice and saw the schedule of FREE concerts on the square and on the canal.  These are the same performers you have to pay $30 or more to see in concert anywhere elese, and they are playing for free in Buffalo.

PTR

733537[/snapback]

probably

syracuse does a nice job, richmond virginia also does a nice job, you just need to look hard to find out about it, promoting things around here is pathetic, unless you live in the fan, carytown or the bottom, outside of that you have to look hard

I was home last weekend for a HS reunion.  Buddy Guy was playing a free concert at the Erie Basin Marina.  St.Barnabas had it lawn fete with two beer tents, one with a rock band, the other with polka.  The Bisons had fireworks after their game friday.  Sidewalk cafe's were jam packed from Chippawa to Allenstown. 

I looked in the Artvoice and saw the schedule of FREE concerts on the square and on the canal.  These are the same performers you have to pay $30 or more to see in concert anywhere elese, and they are playing for free in Buffalo.

PTR

733537[/snapback]

When you only have three good months weatherwise to party, you tend to jam your celebrations in all at once. :lol:

Cleveland's the same way. There's something going on every single weekend in the summer, and if you don't find it, it's your own fault.

Mike

Johnny Lang is playing Richmond next wednesday nite, gonna go see him. Tonight is Dwight Yoakam(sp)...unfortunately the heat is gonna keep me away, but i bet he will rock out tonight

Did you get to the Buddy Guy concert? I've seen him play once. He warmed up for Johnny Lang, and beat the ever-loving crap out of the kid. What a great concert he put on.

733554[/snapback]

Did you get to the Buddy Guy concert? I've seen him play once. He warmed up for Johnny Lang, and beat the ever-loving crap out of the kid. What a great concert he put on.

733554[/snapback]

For anyone who hasn't seen Buddy Guy yet, go see him, you'll have fun.

I saw him some years back in Santa Barbara's outdoor whatchamacallit with BB King's Blues happengingthing, whatever that is called.

That guy rocked like you would not believe - unless you saw it yourself.

Buffalo, or even the surrounding area, cant even come close to the many Cities in this Country, or this world, when it  comes to the best partying. Not even close.......

734146[/snapback]

depends what you are looking for. You can have as good a time in Buffalo as any city and you can party in bars until 4 am. Sure Miami, Vegas, Nawlins, NYC, Shytown, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, etc rock but Buffalo is a blast too

depends what you are looking for.  You can have as good a time in Buffalo as any city and you can party in bars until 4 am.  Sure Miami, Vegas, Nawlins, NYC, Shytown, Amsterdam, Barcelona, Berlin, etc rock but Buffalo is a blast too

734152[/snapback]

You've made my point. Good time? Or a great time? Sure, you'll find a good time in Buffalo, all the time ? No!

Which means not a great time all the time. <_<

The folks that think Buffalo, or the surrounding area is the best, have not traveled anywhere. Small thinking. That's not a shot, just reality.........