WELL, Hold'em players

Gary M

I was late to the game last week and really disappointed to see that only three people showed up. I thought there would be more consistent participation, but doesn't look like a weekly game is going to stick :lol:

I was late to the game last week and really disappointed to see that only three people showed up.  I thought there would be more consistent participation, but doesn't look like a weekly game is going to stick :D

733257[/snapback]

A couple of nights ago, I deposited 50US into party poker. I go into a .50/1.00 table no limit. First hand comes out. Ace King of Diamonds. I figured it was the strongest hands on the table (which is a fair assumption). I raise 5$ before the flop. Some dude brings me all in at 45$. I think it over and said, !@#$ it, i went in. The flop comes out and not in the history of hold em have i ever seen such a pathetic flop. 2-3-8-9-Q. The dude had a pair of kings in his pocket. I didn't connect with anything. 50$ gone. And i'm not playing online till summers over.

:lol::doh:

A couple of nights ago, I deposited 50US into party poker.  I go into a .50/1.00 table no limit.  First hand comes out.  Ace King of Diamonds.  I figured it was the strongest hands on the table (which is a fair assumption).  I raise 5$ before the flop.  Some dude brings me all in at 45$.  I think it over and said, !@#$ it, i went in.  The flop comes out and not in the history of hold em have i ever seen such a pathetic flop.  2-3-8-9-Q.  The dude had a pair of kings in his pocket.  I didn't connect with anything.  50$ gone.  And i'm not playing online till summers over. 

:doh:  :D

733270[/snapback]

Would you have liked a KJ9 flop better? :lol:

A couple of nights ago, I deposited 50US into party poker.  I go into a .50/1.00 table no limit.  First hand comes out.  Ace King of Diamonds.  I figured it was the strongest hands on the table (which is a fair assumption).  I raise 5$ before the flop.  Some dude brings me all in at 45$.  I think it over and said, !@#$ it, i went in.  The flop comes out and not in the history of hold em have i ever seen such a pathetic flop.  2-3-8-9-Q.  The dude had a pair of kings in his pocket.  I didn't connect with anything.  50$ gone.  And i'm not playing online till summers over. 

:lol:  :doh:

733270[/snapback]

Dang, bro....your whole bankroll on AK preflop?? We really needed you at our games, lol

Dang, bro....your whole bankroll on AK preflop??  We really needed you at our games, lol

733304[/snapback]

Playing .5/1 N/L (or limit for that matter) with $50 is insane, but if somehow I were in that situation, I don't think I could lay that hand down. When an unknown online player pushes 50x the blind on the first hand, you have to figure there's a 80% chance he's just being retarded with a wide range of hands other than AA/KK.

Playing .5/1 N/L (or limit for that matter) with $50 is insane, but if somehow I were in that situation, I don't think I could lay that hand down.  When an unknown online player pushes 50x the blind on the first hand, you have to figure there's a 80% chance he's just being retarded with a wide range of hands other than AA/KK.

733312[/snapback]

AK preflop is barely favored over a pair of deuces.....IMO, it's the most overrated hand in poker. I'm way too tight of a player to do something like that,lol.

AK preflop is barely favored over a pair of deuces.....IMO, it's the most overrated hand in poker. I'm way too tight of a player to do something like that,lol.

733318[/snapback]

Yeah I don't think folding it in that spot would be much of a mistake at all. It's not an overrated hand though considering how many idiots there are at that level who love to play any Ace.

Yeah I don't think folding it in that spot would be much of a mistake at all.  It's not an overrated hand though considering how many idiots there are at that level who love to play any Ace.

733324[/snapback]

The thing is, I know myself I should have folded. On any other occassion, I probably would have folded but I was impatient and did something I shouldn't have.

I was late to the game last week and really disappointed to see that only three people showed up.  I thought there would be more consistent participation, but doesn't look like a weekly game is going to stick :lol:

733257[/snapback]

I think it will, just right now is a bad time for me and other people it seems.

I'm getting near finals next week, lots of people go on vacation, tis why there are no good TV shows during summer.

I will play if we can get at least 5 there

733933[/snapback]

What site do you guys play on? I'd love to play semi-regularly....

By the way, if you raise to $5 (.5/1.00 blind) with suite AK and someone puts you all in, fold....like a cheap suit....fold....you were in a coin flip at best

By the way, if you raise to $5 (.5/1.00 blind) with suite AK and someone puts you all in, fold....like a cheap suit....fold....you were in a coin flip at best

733941[/snapback]

Like I said, any other time I would have folded. Anyways it's only 50$. I have lost more on single spins at roulette. I'll live.

We've been playing at www.pokerroom.com

And I'll just throw out there that if there are enough people interested, I've got nothin' but time tonight...

733318[/snapback]

The old Anna Kournikova hand, looks good and never wins!!!