Syria: Get out of jail free card?

Or, more frankly, when does Israel start to make Syria pay?

I know that Syria is trying to be a golden child in all of this, but quite frankly it seems like Israel isn't buying it.

And I don't either.

They haven't shown at all that they truly want this to end, outside of a few unsubstantial moves of negotiations. They still want to support Hez'bollah, and they still want to play a role in Lebanese politics.

It seems that now, Israel is just waiting for Syria to attack themIsrael is just waiting for Syria to attack them, so that they can make this war about what it really is: Syria versus Israel.

Defense officials told the Post last week that they were receiving indications from the US that America would be interested in seeing Israel attack Syria.

To be honest, I agree. All Syria is doing at this point is hurting democracy in Lebanon by screwing with their politics, and they need to be driven out of it.

I've always said Bush screwed up big time in Iraq for a number of reasons trying to build a democracy, but he's dead on this time.

Syria needs to get the !@#$ out of Lebanese politics once and for all and let that country build strong foundations for democracy.

Or, more frankly, when does Israel start to make Syria pay?

I know that Syria is trying to be a golden child in all of this, but quite frankly it seems like Israel isn't buying it.

And I don't either.

They haven't shown at all that they truly want this to end, outside of a few unsubstantial moves of negotiations.  They still want to support Hez'bollah, and they still want to play a role in Lebanese politics.

It seems that now, Israel is just waiting for Syria to attack themIsrael is just waiting for Syria to attack them, so that they can make this war about what it really is: Syria versus Israel.

To be honest, I agree.  All Syria is doing at this point is hurting democracy in Lebanon by screwing with their politics, and they need to be driven out of it.

I've always said Bush screwed up big time in Iraq for a number of reasons trying to build a democracy, but he's dead on this time.

Syria needs to get the !@#$ out of Lebanese politics once and for all and let that country build strong foundations for democracy.

733021[/snapback]

Wow, one can only imagine the middle eastern conflagration if Israel attacks Syria. Strife in Iraq, all out war between the Mulsims and Jews.

Wow, one can only imagine the middle eastern conflagration if Israel attacks Syria. Strife in Iraq, all out war between the Mulsims and Jews.

733034[/snapback]

There's also the fact that Iran has said it will come to Syria's defence if it was to be attacked by Israel.

733034[/snapback]

And Mr. Gingrich's Presidential Campaign would be off to a good start with the publicity he could garner for himself after his World War 3 comments seemingly came true.

Somebody would have to. Syria's "Air Force" is in shambles.

733076[/snapback]

It never has been anywhere near as powerful as that of Israel's. I remember reading somewhere that the Syrian plan to counter the Israeli airforce was to use missile attacks to devastate their airfields. Whether that has any chance of success I don't know.

It never has been anywhere near as powerful as that of Israel's. I remember reading somewhere that the Syrian plan to counter the Israeli airforce was to use missile attacks to devastate their airfields. Whether that has any chance of success I don't know.

733113[/snapback]

Probably with chemical weapons, too. Syria maintains healthy CW stocks to balance the strategic threat of Israel's nukes (and vice-versa).

But I wouldn't necessarily trust the Syrians NOT to use chemical weapons if they were attacked, even if such an attack were not a strategic threat to their existence. Then watch the fun begin.

Plus...Syria maintains significant air defenses (they have to, their air force would last about ninety seconds against the Israelis). Regardless of the performance of the Syrian air force, the Israelis would have a difficult time penetrating the Syrian SAM belts.

There's also the fact that Iran has said it will come to Syria's defence if it was to be attacked by Israel.

733038[/snapback]

It's a perfect storm brewing. The Neocons are licking their chops and egging on Bush and company (and israel) to go after Iran. Israel will provoke Syria and bring them into the conflict; Iran will then be forced to support Syria; and the US will jump in to support Israel. Their plan for "regime change" in Syria and Iran is about to start. It'll probably be as successful as their plan for Iraq... :lol:

Oh, but it really is about the 2 Israeli soldiers getting kidnapped...

Another reason to get liquid....pass the beer please....

It's a perfect storm brewing.  The Neocons are licking their chops and egging on Bush and company (and israel) to go after Iran.  Israel will provoke Syria and bring them into the conflict; Iran will then be forced to support Syria; and the US will jump in to support Israel.  Their plan for "regime change" in Syria and Iran is about to start.  It'll probably be as successful as their plan for Iraq... :lol:

733178[/snapback]

Spoken in true TPS style. Time to adjust the tinfoil helmet.

Spoken in true TPS style. Time to adjust the tinfoil helmet.

733222[/snapback]

Presidential hopeful, Newt Gingrich had this to say on Iran..

The threat posed to the national security of the United States by Iran was likened only to the one posed by Nazi Germany in the 30's....Gingrich also suggested Tehran could be planning for a pre-emptive Nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse attack on america, that would turn 1/3 or more of the USA back to the 19th century level of development.....

Presidential hopeful, Newt Gingrich had this to say on Iran..

The threat posed to the national security of the United States by Iran was likened only to the one posed by Nazi Germany in the 30's....Gingrich also suggested Tehran could be planning for a pre-emptive Nuclear Electromagnetic Pulse attack on america, that would turn 1/3 or more of the USA back to the 19th century level of development.....

733253[/snapback]

That would carry more weight if Newt weren't condemned to be a presidential hopeful for all eternity.

Really, what are you trying to demonstrate? That Newt Gingrich is nuts? We've known that for ten years.

That would carry more weight if Newt weren't condemned to be a presidential hopeful for all eternity. 

Really, what are you trying to demonstrate?  That Newt Gingrich is nuts?  We've known that for ten years.

733289[/snapback]

There's got to be a youtube link in there somewhere. :lol:

It's a perfect storm brewing.  The Neocons are licking their chops and egging on Bush and company (and israel) to go after Iran.  Israel will provoke Syria and bring them into the conflict; Iran will then be forced to support Syria; and the US will jump in to support Israel.  Their plan for "regime change" in Syria and Iran is about to start.  It'll probably be as successful as their plan for Iraq... :lol:

733178[/snapback]

While conveniently ignoring that Hez kidnapped the soldiers two days after Hamas did the same.

It's really amazing the power that Karl Rove can exert, isn't it?

While conveniently ignoring that Hez kidnapped the soldiers two days after Hamas did the same. 

It's really amazing the power that Karl Rove can exert, isn't it?

733397[/snapback]

Yeah, it looks like he turned off his hurricane machine this year! :doh::lol: