Saban blows off the president

dib

If Bush wanted to have dinner with Saban, he could have invited him any day (except the draft) during the offseason. So obviously, Bush had little interest in having dinner with Saban, or he's an idiot for not realizing a coach's schedule. I guess he's really interested in having dinner with Saban.

If Bush wanted to have dinner with Saban, he could have invited him any day (except the draft) during the offseason.  So obviously, Bush had little interest in having dinner with Saban, or he's an idiot for not realizing a coach's schedule.  I guess he's really interested in having dinner with Saban.

736671[/snapback]

Yeah, cause the President of the United States should be waiting for openings in OTHER peoples schedules :doh:

The President doesn't even keep HIS OWN schedule.  It's amazing how dim some people can be.

736682[/snapback]

No joke....I think sometimes people let their feelings about a particular president allow them to forget to have respect for the office.

Yeah, cause the President of the United States should be waiting for openings in OTHER peoples schedules  :doh:

736678[/snapback]

6 months is a pretty big opening. People get invited to the White House all the time. Really, all Saban had to do was say was he'd be willing to go to the White House any day after the Super Bowl, or have dinner with Bush any time he's in Florida next year after the Super Bowl. You'd have to be an idiot to completely blow off the President or accept the Dolphins head coaching job to begin with. Saban is the Dolphins head coach.

6 months is a pretty big opening.  People get invited to the White House all the time.  Really, all Saban had to do was say was he'd be willing to go to the White House any day after the Super Bowl, or have dinner with Bush any time he's in Florida next year after the Super Bowl.  You'd have to be an idiot to completely blow off the President or accept the Dolphins head coaching job to begin with.  Saban is the Dolphins head coach.

736688[/snapback]

I just don't think it's that easy, man....I really don't think that Bush - or anyone else - can just say, "Okay, we'll schedule you in for the offseason". The opportunity arose, Bush put out the invitation, and Saban chose to focus on football. I would bet that will be the end of it.