New Batman flick - Summer '08

ajzepp

I'm looking forward to seeing the true comic book version of the joker. Jack was awesome on the role, but that wasn't what the Joker is supposed to be like. Less comedy and more insane, pointless killings will make me happy. I have no idea if Ledger can pull off this role though.

good because the one that came out last year sucked

733148[/snapback]

Wow.

You didn't like Batman Begins? I loved it. It was just what this dying franchise needed. Ten thousand times better than the atrocious Batman and Robin.

I'm pretty excited about this flick, though I have to say I'm not sure how I feel about Heath Ledger in the role of the Joker. I was in the camp that wanted either Adrien Brody or Crispen Glover, but since the first film was cast so well I'm willing to give this a chance. Hopefully it will rock even more than the first one.

linky

732755[/snapback]

Count me in. I thought the most recent Batman was excellent, and I was really looking forward to the next one.

Can Heath Ledger make people forget about Jack's version of the Joker?

Nolan better hope so. Otherwise this movie's dead before it begins.

733052[/snapback]

All reports indicate they're going to go in a completely new direction with the Joker and make him the creepy, homicidal maniac he is in the comics.

I completely trust the guys making this since it's the same team that did Batman Begins, a better Batman movie than I thought anyone could ever make.

And if you thought Batman Begins sucked, then your opinion doesn't count.

All reports indicate they're going to go in a completely new direction with the Joker and make him the creepy, homicidal maniac he is in the comics.

I completely trust the guys making this since it's the same team that did Batman Begins, a better Batman movie than I thought anyone could ever make.

And if you thought Batman Begins sucked, then your opinion doesn't count.

733205[/snapback]

Damn straight. Every time I watch it the non-Burton Batman movies fade more and more from memory...ahhhhhh.

But every time I watch I'm also reminded that Michael Keaton was horribly miscast...

Jack? Jack is dead, my friend. You can call me... Joker. And as you can see, I'm a lot happier!

733059[/snapback]

Loved that scene....I also loved, "where does he get all those wonderful toys..."

Damn straight. Every time I watch it the non-Burton Batman movies fade more and more from memory...ahhhhhh.

But every time I watch I'm also reminded that Michael Keaton was horribly miscast...

733210[/snapback]

I enjoyed Jim Carrey as the Riddler, but wow did those 3rd and 4th films suck.....I thought Michael Keaton was a joke when I first heard about it, but he did better than I ever expected. My vote goes to C. Bale, though....I really enjoyed the most recent incarnation.

I enjoyed Jim Carrey as the Riddler, but wow did those 3rd and 4th films suck.....I thought Michael Keaton was a joke when I first heard about it, but he did better than I ever expected. My vote goes to C. Bale, though....I really enjoyed the most recent incarnation.

733231[/snapback]

I hated Jim Carrey's version of the Riddler but it's not his fault. He wasn't playing the Riddler, he was playing the Joker. Hell, even Tommy Lee Jones was playing the Joker. Batman Forever (man that title sounds horrible now) had all the villians written so that they were Jack Nicholson's Joker. Completely horrible. Batman has the best villians of any superhero because they're all distinct.

Batman Returns wasn't even that good. Batman doesn't do one heroic thing the entire movie. The whole "Penguin was raised by penguins in the sewer" thing?? Good Lord!