For Holcomb advocates

I went back and added up the average amount of points we scored when Holcomb started and finished games, and the average was at 22.85 (feel free to check my math)

I then went back and look at the average amount of points we allowed in 2004, and we allowed 17.75 points a game. If we had a top ranked D, Holcomb would average us more than our opponents by 5 points on average.

I haven't added up the average score for JP, and I'm not sure who to throw the Kansas game to.

I went back and added up the average amount of points we scored when Holcomb started and finished games, and the average was at 22.85 (feel free to check my math)

I then went back and look at the average amount of points we allowed in 2004, and we allowed 17.75 points a game.  If we had a top ranked D, Holcomb would average us more than our opponents by 5 points on average.

I haven't added up the average score for JP, and I'm not sure who to throw the Kansas game to.

732317[/snapback]

Interesting factoid, the KC game definitely goes to JP.

He engineered all the scoring drives, total points would have been 20 if Lindell hadn't missed 2 field goals that were less than 14 feet. :D

The sad thing is we are back to the Flutie/Johnson debate.  all that has changed is the names, now its Losman/Holcomb. 

How sad it that?

732608[/snapback]

This is nothing compared to the DF/RJ debates, because unlike Holcomb, Flutie had an actual fan base. This board was at times like a war zone.

One could however point to similarities wrt JP/RJ. They both have better than average arms, and can run. I don't think that JP will ever take as many sacks as RJ. Even Gruden couldn't straighten him out. That said, I'm not sure if JP will ever be as accurate as was RJ.

Your point however is taken. All we can do is hope that one of these guys (or Nall) steps up and does the job.