Golf Rochester

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of advice. I'm heading to training camp on August 8th and was wondering if anyone can suggest a nice but reasonable golf course near St. John Fisher. I'm coming in from Toronto so even something along the way. I was looking at Genesse Valley and Durand East. Any thoughts? Thanks much.

Actually, Fisher has a course if you're really looking for convenience. Dirt cheap. It was open during training camp last year...not sure about this year. You better hit it straight because it's really narrow. Lots of trees.

Probably the closest to Fisher, Genesee is a wide open public course (key word being *public*) that is pretty straight forward if you just want to whack the ball around. It can get a little crowded sometimes.

Durand is a tale of two 9s. One side, near the clubhouse, is well designed. The other 9 may be well designed, but its often obscured by a foot of water. You might want to call ahead...it was closed last year because most of it was unplayable. I actually played that 9 the year before and it smelled like a toilet.

If the trip north to go to Durand wasn't too much, then it might be worth the extra 10 minutes west to go to Lakeshore CC.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a bit of advice.  I'm heading to training camp on  August 8th and was wondering if anyone can suggest a nice but reasonable golf course near St. John Fisher.  I'm coming in from Toronto so even something along the way.  I was looking at Genesse Valley and Durand East.  Any thoughts?  Thanks much.

732152[/snapback]

if your comng in from toronto stop along the QEW in NF and hop on Dalys new course or Legends of Niagara, I also saw many other advertised on the QEW. Shadow lake in rochester was one of my favorites sorry didnt play alot of golf when I lived in rochester.