Went to African Lion Safari Today

Talonz

I took the family up to the African Lion Safari today. It was $113.00 for 2 adults and 3 kids!!! My jaw dropped. It would have helped for me to look up the price first before deciding to go. Wow, I feel fleeced!!

This is how my day went:

1 1/2 drive there. Uneventful coming over the bridge. They asked 2 questions and said " go on". I haven't been to Canada in about 5 years and I forgot that everone drives like NASCAR on the QEW. I was doing 85 and was being passed left and right.

That burned about $30.00 in gas. Mind you I have an Explorer.

While we were there a monkey jumped on my roof and did a nice #2 all over the top and had it run down the back window - Yummie.

Another monkey took a nice wizz in my face on the front windshield and proceeded to bend my antenna into a nice U shape.

The lions looked so doped up they think their still in Africa and don't move an inch.

The rest of the animals can be seen at the Buffalo Zoo with the exception of their birds of prey collection. Pretty darn cool! 2 Amercian bald eagles !

On the way back I ended up going the wrong way 40 miles due west since the DAMN EXPRESSWAY IS NOT LABELED ANYWHERE! <_< ! ARGGGGGG. Coming back and trying to find the QEW is a challange.

Since I went the wrong way I burned a ton of gas and stopped and purchased $37.00 in gas. Later when I get home I look up my statement and see they charged me $87.00. FUN

By the time I corrected my course and made it back over to the states, the line on the peace bridge was 9 rows and about 11 cars deep. My gas was on NEGATIVE E. I almost stalled since it took almost a FULL HALF HOUR waiting in line!!

I made it back in one piece and am here to tell you NEVER AGAIN :D

So did everyone else have a good Sunday? Those of you young and single : ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN :angry:;)

Been there Talonz.

Not to the safari, but many days like the one you describe (I have four kids, mostly grown up now).

I spent the day sucking down a few cold Canadian Ales by the pool and cooked food on the grill for a small party of 35. ;)

Enjoy today, my friend. Blink an eye and all of a sudden your baby is twenty years old, you look over at your wife and say to yourself "Who are you again? You LOOK familiar!" <_<

This will be one you all laugh about one day (but not today).

I took the family up to the African Lion Safari today.  It was $113.00 for 2 adults and 3 kids!!!  My jaw dropped.  It would have helped for me to look up the price first before deciding to go.  Wow, I feel fleeced!!

This is how my day went:

1 1/2 drive there.  Uneventful coming over the bridge.  They asked 2 questions and said " go on".  I haven't been to Canada in about 5 years and I forgot that everone drives like NASCAR on the QEW.  I was doing 85 and was being passed left and right.

That burned about $30.00 in gas.  Mind you I have an Explorer.

While we were there a monkey jumped on my roof and did a nice #2 all over the top and had it run down the back window - Yummie.

Another monkey took a nice wizz in my face on the front windshield and proceeded to bend my antenna into a nice U shape.

The lions looked so doped up they think their still in Africa and don't move an inch.

The rest of the animals can be seen at the Buffalo Zoo with the exception of their birds of prey collection.  Pretty darn cool!  2 Amercian bald eagles !

On the way back I ended up going the wrong way 40 miles due west since the DAMN EXPRESSWAY IS NOT LABELED ANYWHERE! :angry: ! ARGGGGGG.  Coming back and trying to find the QEW is a challange.

Since I went the wrong way I burned a ton of gas and stopped and purchased $37.00 in gas.  Later when I get home I look up my statement and see they charged me $87.00.  FUN

By the time I corrected my course and made it back over to the states, the line on the peace bridge was 9 rows and about 11 cars deep.  My gas was on NEGATIVE E.  I almost stalled since it took almost a FULL HALF HOUR waiting in line!!

I made it back in one piece and am here to tell you NEVER AGAIN ;)

So did everyone else have a good Sunday?  Those of you young and single : ENJOY IT WHILE YOU CAN  ;)  :D

731842[/snapback]