What if we drafted Leinert?

Drafting Leinart would've made much more sense.  The problem has been that we've gone to young, untested guys like Losman and now Nall for answers.  Leinart would've been different.

731923[/snapback]

That's not a totally fair comparison. Leinart is from Southern California, so he knows football much more than Losman.

Drafting Leinart would've made much more sense.  The problem has been that we've gone to young, untested guys like Losman and now Nall for answers.  Leinart would've been different.

731923[/snapback]

I completely disagree.

Drafting Leinart would have started the 3-year process at QB over again, something that we couldn't afford.

Sorry, but as "ready" as all the media and hype has Leinart, I don't believe it.

I completely disagree.

Drafting Leinart would have started the 3-year process at QB over again, something that we couldn't afford.

Sorry, but as "ready" as all the media and hype has Leinart, I don't believe it.

732100[/snapback]

I think our old pal R. Rich was being sarcastic......

I haven't read one publication, article, website, etc. that projects Leinart as the starter in Arizona. He has been mentioned as the 'most-NFL ready' QB compared to Cutler and Young, but I don't think anybody is touting him as this year's savior.

I agree that Leinart's college success was very much a function of him playing on one of the most talent-laden teams in NCAA history. However, he was a VERY good QB. I see him having a very good career, but not necessarily outstanding. I envision more Boomer Esiason rather than Ken Dorsey.

I think our old pal R. Rich was being sarcastic......

I haven't read one publication, article, website, etc. that projects Leinart as the starter in Arizona.  He has been mentioned as the 'most-NFL ready' QB compared to Cutler and Young, but I don't think anybody is touting him as this year's savior.

I agree that Leinart's college success was very much a function of him playing on one of the most talent-laden teams in NCAA history.  However, he was a VERY good QB.  I see him having a very good career, but not necessarily outstanding.  I envision more Boomer Esiason rather than Ken Dorsey.

732105[/snapback]

Ah, you might be right, I didn't catch the sarcasm.

A lot of why he's not starting in Arizona is because he doesn't have to. They already have a pretty good QB in ol' Kurt for this year.

Leinart is pretty average on the NFL level I think. He isn't going to be a star in the league, but he'll be a serviceable QB. I think, to be honest, he'll be recognized as solid but not above average. Not a question-mark, but not much more then average, such as a Trent Green.

We'd be talking about his weak arm strength if we had him right now. He couldn't hack it in an AFC East environment with the wind and all that. He might have fallen into the perfect scenario for himself though. Edge, Bolden, and Fitzgerald are all locked up for the next few years. He could walk right into one of the most explosive offenses in the league. I think that this year will be another really good one in the streaky career of Kurt Warner. Then after next year, he rides off into the sunset out by Sundevil Stadium. Leinart steps in and turns into a short route passer like Tom Brady, but the deep ball of Todd Marinovich.

731923[/snapback]

why?