Shut up about...............

Rockpile I agree with you, the "shut up" part was harsh.  I was looking for a response getter becuase usually my threads tank out.  <_<

731848[/snapback]

Whether your threads "tank out" or not, if they're well thought out and make sense, people will take notice.

They must be the same people that wanted Rob Johnson to start because he had more "upside".

731774[/snapback]

But you must give the guy a chance to prove himself and develop. If we draft Quinn unless he comes in and doesn't light it up in his first 8 starts then we should be looking for his replacement in 2009. The facts are that JP was injured his rookie year and that hampered his development. He was thrown in his 2nd year and instead of playing on a team with a good D and running game he had neither and went from managing games to having to win games and he just wasn't ready BUT he did show progress in his next few games AFTER being juggled around. While I don't want to take 3-4 seasons AFTER 2005 to see if he progress (aka Joey Harrington, Kyle Bowler) but I'm all for giving him 2006 and unless he stinks it up and is the only thing holding the team back then I say play him in 2007 as well. By then he will have been given ample time to show his stuff. But his replacement will not be Brady Quinn as he will be a non factor for I guarantee that JP and the Bills will not play bad enough in 2006 for us to get the #1 pick in 2007!

A young QB can succeed because it's the coach who has to back him up and let him play regardless of fans reactions.....I was at all the home games & never heard massive anti JP feelings in the crowd. He wasn't booed, nor did I hear calls for Holcomb when JP was in there. IT WAS THE COACH WHO WENT APOPLECTIC, NOT THE FANS

I think the reports which had Ralph Wilson once again heavily involved in Bills' personell decisions are the closest to the truth. If you want to give somebody hell for stunting JP and trying to ride Holcomb, I bet Ralph is your man.

I think the reports which had Ralph Wilson once again heavily involved in Bills' personell decisions are the closest to the truth. If you want to give somebody hell for stunting JP and trying to ride Holcomb, I bet Ralph is your man.

731893[/snapback]

I'd prefer not to be in a position where anyone needs to get hell. Unfortunately, that's not the reality of the Bills' current situation. Too bad.

Ok well if JP has a horrible year then unless some promising qb comes into free agency, the Bills must look to take Brady Quinn.

731787[/snapback]

Absolute nonsense. If the Bills land a top 10 pick, they will address the truly pressing needs, like free safety.

731893[/snapback]

Agreed! He is the owner and in our sorta free market economy he has a right to manage or mismange this toy anyway he wants. However, the way he has handled things with his ownership activities clearly associated with a number of QB reads that simply did not work (the handshake deal with Kelly for his next big FA contract, his public endorsement of RJ for mopping up Indy when they had gone in a shell, allowing the Bills to spend big bucks on QB deals which did not work like RJ or replacing a bad Bledsoe with a worse young JP) suspecting Ralph of "meddling" with the judgments of the football professionals is a pretty legit suspicion.