Did the Jets draft the next Kelly Holcomb?

From KFFL:

Jets | Clemens struggles with deep ball

Sat, 29 Jul 2006 23:43:01 -0700

Dave Hutchinson, of the Newark Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets QB Kellen Clemens struggled with the deep ball during practice Saturday, July 29. The deep ball is one of Clemens' major weaknesses.

The Jets used a 2nd rounder on a QB with a weak arm, they already have a QB with a weak arm :w00t:

From KFFL:

Dave Hutchinson, of the Newark Star-Ledger, reports New York Jets QB Kellen Clemens struggled with the deep ball during practice Saturday, July 29. The deep ball is one of Clemens' major weaknesses.

The Jets used a 2nd rounder on a QB with a weak arm, they already have a QB with a weak arm :w00t:

731559[/snapback]

uh yeah, because Kelly holcomb has always been known for his weak arm.... :w00t:

From KFFL:

731559[/snapback]

Word is they want Pennington to win the QB battle they have going over there.

They brought in another weak arm so he feels delusions of adequacy & his confidence gets a boost. :w00t:

Clemens will be a good QB, he rarely makes mistakes.

731675[/snapback]

Maybe he will, good thing Mike Mularkey isn't his head coach, because he'd be benched for the season if Mularkey was:

Jets | Clemens struggles with starting team

Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:36:29 -0700

Rich Cimini, of the New York Daily News, reports New York Jets QB Kellen Clemens struggled with the No. 1 offense during practice Sunday, July 30. Clemens struggled in 11-on-11 drills where he threw an interception to FS Kerry Rhodes, the second time in training camp where he failed to read the safety which resulted in an interception. He also had two passes knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

I thought Clemens was a horrible pick personally. Here is a guy who was projected to be a 5th or 6th round pick coming off of the season....and the Jets brought him in for a workout, fell in love....and now he is a second round QB that you hitch your wagons to?

Patrick Ramsey is the best QB on that roster at this point.

Patrick Ramsey is the best QB on that roster at this point.

731735[/snapback]

<_< Some of you people think big arm= better qb. A Healthy Chad Pennington is much better then ramsey. Ramsey has absolutly nothing upstairs. Maybe at one time he had some potential and he might still have a great arm, but he doesnt have the timing or thought process to be any kind of legit starting qb. Pennington meanwhile has proven when healthy he can win football games. Sure he has the arm of a 13 year old girl, but he has the timing, accuracy, and field awareness needed to be effective.

uh yeah, because Kelly holcomb has always been known for his weak arm.... <_<

731563[/snapback]

Now he's known for that, and piss-poor decisions on 4th and long.

I'll take JP, and his bad completion percentage, over the gutless noodle arm.

If Holcomb is named starter this season, it will set this team back years.

<_<  Some of you people think big arm= better qb.  A Healthy Chad Pennington is much better then ramsey.  Ramsey has absolutly nothing upstairs. Maybe at one time he had some potential and he might still have a great arm, but he doesnt have the timing or thought process to be any kind of legit starting qb.  Pennington meanwhile has proven when healthy he can win football games.  Sure he has the arm of a 13 year old girl, but he has the timing, accuracy, and field awareness  needed to be effective.

731744[/snapback]

I agree but I've always liked Ramsey for some reason. I think Spurrier really hurt his confidence by getting him killed with the fun&gun and a change of scenery might be good for him.

<_<  Some of you people think big arm= better qb.  A Healthy Chad Pennington is much better then ramsey.  Ramsey has absolutly nothing upstairs. Maybe at one time he had some potential and he might still have a great arm, but he doesnt have the timing or thought process to be any kind of legit starting qb.  Pennington meanwhile has proven when healthy he can win football games.  Sure he has the arm of a 13 year old girl, but he has the timing, accuracy, and field awareness  needed to be effective.

731744[/snapback]

No, i don't think Big Arm means great QB. Mike Vick and Daunte Cullpepper have big arms...but I would take the pretty good arms of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning over them all day long.

***IF*** Pennington is healthy, you're right....he is a much better QB than Patrick Ramsey

But, realistically Pennington isn't healthy....and hasn't been consistently healthy since his miracle season of 2002. So, when you factor everything in...I think Patrick Ramsey is the best Qb on the roster

<_<  Some of you people think big arm= better qb.   A Healthy Chad Pennington is much better then ramsey. 

731744[/snapback]

i agree with this. there is only one problem however and that is the health of Pennington.

Pennington is a guy that can carve up a defense dinking and dunking all the way down the field.

731744[/snapback]

Really?

I have seen Ramsey make excellent decisions with the ball and great pocket movement.

Gibbs never gave him a chance, and Spurrier's offense is retarded.

By the way, Jaws agrees.