Saturday Camp Report

Dawgg

Had a great time at the morning session today and thanks to one of the players' generosity, I had VIP access today.

Observations:

1. Wide Receivers:

Fast Freddie made some great catches. The dude has awesome hands and he can really fly! I hope he gets more of an opportunity in the offense.

Peerless was also fairly sure-handed in practice, but I still remain skeptical about his chances of returning to his previous form.

Andre Davis missed 2 easy catches... thought that was kind of odd, especially considering I have seen him do great things on TV... I'd chalk it up to a bad morning.

2. Running Backs:

All running backs seemed pretty attentive.

Shaud Williams is one shifty guy! He has a quickness and elusiveness that separtes himself from the other backs IMO. I really hope he sticks around because I think he's a great change of pace back.

Coach Studesville was yelling at FB Jon Goldsberry but it almost seemed as though he was doing it because he likes him... perhaps he can crack the team this year at the expense of Joe Burns? Time will tell...

They were going over their pass blocking assignments. Coach S was telling them when the QB yells <certain color>, the FB takes the Mike LB and the RB is supposed to stay back and take on the defensive end if he beats the line.

3. 7 on 7s:

Best part of practice, players really got into it. For the most part, the defense kicked the crap out of the offense. QBs were rotated every 2 snaps and Nall looked to be the best this time around. JP had a lot of zip on his passes as usual, but threw one boneheaded pass right into the chest of Jabari Greer who ran it back for a TD... but the D was very spirited, rooting one another on throughout the drill. Was great to see.

Finally, I wanted to emphasize that I was very impressed with Willis' fan-friendliness. While players like Fletcher, Clements, Peerless and Schobel ran into the locker room as soon as they could, Willis made it a point to sign for everyone he could and was one of the last to leave. Same goes for TKO.

Got to meet Marv, spoke to him for about 10 minutes. He was watching the 7 on 7 drills intently from the tent.

Will upload pics shortly.

Nice report! Thanks... It goes to show though that opinion on QB play is very subjective. Paul Hamilton was just on the radio air waves saying how Nall (both days) has been just slightly better than awful. He also said that JP overall has been far and away the best QB of the 3, but he's still concerned about how JP does immediately after making a mistake. He seems to let the mistake bug him for too long.

I heard Nall was best yesterdy too.

731324[/snapback]

Where'd you hear that from, his Mom?

Everything I read had Losman strongest in the morning, and kinda splitting Losman(7-7)/Holcomb(11-11) in the afternoon.

Had a great time at the morning session today and thanks to one of the players' generosity, I had VIP access today. 

Observations:

1. Wide Receivers:

Fast Freddie made some great catches.  The dude has awesome hands and he can really fly!  I hope he gets more of an opportunity in the offense. 

Peerless was also fairly sure-handed in practice, but I still remain skeptical about his chances of returning to his previous form. 

Andre Davis missed 2 easy catches... thought that was kind of odd, especially considering I have seen him do great things on TV... I'd chalk it up to a bad morning.

2. Running Backs:

All running backs seemed pretty attentive.

Shaud Williams is one shifty guy!  He has a quickness and elusivenes

s that separtes himself from the other backs IMO.  I really hope he sticks around because I think he's a great change of pace back.

Coach Studesville was yelling at FB Jon Goldsberry but it almost seemed as though he was doing it because he likes him... perhaps he can crack the team this year at the expense of Joe Burns?  Time will tell...

They were going over their pass blocking assignments.  Coach S was telling them when the QB yells <certain color>, the FB takes the Mike LB and the RB is supposed to stay back and take on the defensive end if he beats the line. 

3. 7 on 7s:

Best part of practice, players really got into it.  For the most part, the defense kicked the crap out of the offense.  QBs were rotated every 2 snaps and Nall looked to be the best this time around.  JP had a lot of zip on his passes as usual, but threw one boneheaded pass right into the chest of Jabari Greer who ran it back for a TD... but the D was very spirited, rooting one another on throughout the drill.  Was great to see.

Finally, I wanted to emphasize that I was very impressed with Willis' fan-friendliness.  While players like Fletcher, Clements, Peerless and Schobel ran into the locker room as soon as they could, Willis made it a point to sign for everyone he could and was one of the last to leave.  Same goes for TKO.

Got to meet Marv, spoke to him for about 10 minutes. He was watching the 7 on 7 drills intently from the tent. 

Will upload pics shortly.

731320[/snapback]

thanks for the update! this info is always appreciated!

Boy, I sure didn't see that at all.  I thought Nall was erratic and missed badly on a

deep ball to Lee Evans.

731329[/snapback]

Yesterday and today's practice have some special import (especially for Nall) as you only get one chance to make a first impression that sets a tone for the future assessments, but the fact two folks saw different things speaks mostly to this QB (and other position) battles being more than a one day affair.

The snapshots and assessments of how a player performed that particular day. However drawing any or many galactic conclusions about whose ahead before at least a week or two is done and quite frankly until these players see real opponents in the first pre-season game is simply way to premature.

The most significant things I herd today regarding the QB battle is the word Nall pulled a hammy and has yet to be fully evaluated.