Someone convince me how Whitner shouldn't be

First, you have to check his college stats. They were, in fact, pretty good.

Second, he has really no competion. Matt Brown was a back up strong safety for Washington for several years and his stats are, well, ok. Coy Wire's role on defense has seemed to deminish over the years after we signed Milloy. Even though he's slipped at strong safety he a crucial piece of our special teams. Rob Lee, forget him, he'll be 4th on the depth chart.

Third, he's fast and a good tackler. Check out some clips of him in is college games and you'll see what I mean. Yeah sure, he needs to work on his strength, but he's tough and he can tackle well.

It is Matt Bowen, but that notwithstanding, Donte Whitner short of injury, will absolutely be the opening day starter. He wasn't taken #8 to back-up anyone. He is good enough to be considered for CB duty in a pinch! I think he'll be brilliant for the Buffalo Bills!!

First, you have to check his college stats.  They were, in fact, pretty good.

Second, he has really no competion.  Matt Brown was a back up strong safety for Washington for several years and his stats are, well, ok.  Coy Wire's role on defense has seemed to deminish over the years after we signed Milloy.  Even though he's slipped at strong safety he a crucial piece of our special teams.  Rob Lee, forget him, he'll be 4th on the depth chart.

Third, he's fast and a good tackler.  Check out some clips of him in is college games and you'll see what I mean.  Yeah sure, he needs to work on his strength, but he's tough and he can tackle well.

731228[/snapback]

Don't kid yourself, man. He WILL be starting. Milloy is no longer on the roster and Wire is! Think about that for a minute or two.