McCargo Signed!!

You forgot the part where you're supposed to put in a signature calling every single bill draft pick a "marginal starter" or that you have "serious doubts" they can ever accomplish anything.

730892[/snapback]

I believe thats the job qualifications to write for the D&C

I don't like the McCargo deal. Only five years. I'd hate to see the Bills trade up to use a first-round pick on a DL, have said DL make a name for himself here, only to move to greener pastures after just a few years. Not that this has ever happened before.  :blink:

:blink:

730891[/snapback]

It's actually a rule... 5 years is the maximum contract length for his draft slot...

6 is the max for Whitner...

If memory serves, given his draft position, the maximum-lenth deal McCargo could be signed to is 5 years.

730939[/snapback]

So you're saying that if the Bills had moved up 2 more picks they could have signed him for an extra year? Way to go Marv. :blink: And people think he's smart. :blink:

I just wish we had signed McCargo to a max length contract.

So you're saying that if the Bills had moved up 2 more picks they could have signed him for an extra year?  Way to go Marv. :w00t:  And people think he's smart. :w00t:

Hard to tell if you're being serious, but no, the Bills would have had to draft McCargo at 16 or higher to be able to sign him to a 6-year contract. He was taken 26th overall.

I just wish we had signed McCargo to a max length contract.

They did. Whitner they'll probably have to settle for a 5-year deal though.