mmmmm Sausage

taterhill

LakeSide Market

Great article on the local Market near my house that makes THE BEST sausage....give it a read and if in the area...give it a taste...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

730695[/snapback]

sorry pal best sausage in upstate new york is Shimays, i am not sure how to spell it but that is how it sounds. Everytime I go back there for the summer i get 20lbs 10 hot, 10 cheese. I freeze it and take it back with me to South Florida. I have never had susage that comes even close. Its on the west side, bad neighborhood, but unreal sausage.

sorry pal best sausage in upstate new york is Shimays, i am not sure how to spell it but that is how it sounds. Everytime I go back there for the summer i get 20lbs 10 hot, 10 cheese. I freeze it and take it back with me to South Florida. I have never had susage that comes even close. Its on the west side, bad neighborhood, but unreal sausage.

730702[/snapback]

it's Scimes..I have had both..Lakeside is MUCH better

it's Scimes..I have had both..Lakeside is MUCH better

730718[/snapback]

IIRC, The Schimes used to have a long-time - since the '60's - hot dog stand, NW corner Sheridan and Military.

Dim memory tells me that they used to also be across the corner on the south side of Sheridan next to Pat's - both of which were '50's cruise-in places ala the television show, "Happy Days". Dunno for sure...

LakeSide Market

Great article on the local Market near my house that makes THE BEST sausage....give it a read and if in the area...give it a taste...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

730695[/snapback]

The Buff News site is screwed up right now so I can't read the article. Where is Lakeside Market?

BTW, I agree Scime's is quite good. But, for my $ Scippione's in Niagara Falls is the best commercially available sausage. The store is no longer open to the public, but they still make sausage. You have to order at least 10 pounds, I think. Their hot Italian is actually hot...and lean...and not over salty.

The Senator and I make some mean sausage, too. (Don't even think of twisting that comment, ya pervs.)

Never mind...I got the link (pun intended) to work. I know where this is...but I'm not sure I've ever had their sausage. Better than Scime's you say?

I'll have to get The Senator to do some evaluation for me.

The Buff News site is screwed up right now so I can't read the article.  Where is Lakeside Market?

BTW, I agree Scime's is quite good.  But, for my $ Scippione's in Niagara Falls is the best commercially available sausage.  The store is no longer open to the public, but they still make sausage. You have to order at least 10 pounds, I think.  Their hot Italian is actually hot...and lean...and not over salty.

The Senator and I make some mean sausage, too.  (Don't even think of twisting that comment, ya pervs.)

730843[/snapback]

I agree that Scippiones is the best. MMMMMMM

Never mind...I got the link (pun intended) to work.  I know where this is...but I'm not sure I've ever had their sausage.  Better than Scime's you say?

I'll have to get The Senator to do some evaluation for me.

730847[/snapback]

Geez, this work-sh_t really gets in the way of my posting!

Anyway, Lakeside Market is just down the road from Mickey Rats, and they do make a great, most excellent sausage - we have it at the cottage all the time and have, on occasion, served it up out at "The Ralph" - but Scime's is still the best, IMHO.

A great, safe weekend to all!

Geez, this work-sh_t really gets in the way of my posting! 

Anyway, Lakeside Market is just down the road from Mickey Rats, and they do make a great, most excellent sausage - we have it at the cottage all the time and have, on occasion, served it up out at "The Ralph" - but Scime's is still the best, IMHO.

A great, safe weekend to all!

730873[/snapback]

Thanks for chiming in. I believe I HAVE tried the Lakeside sausage and, if memory serves, it was good. I don't think the hot Italian was as good as Scime's, though.

730702[/snapback]

Are we talking about the same place? The only Scime's I know has always been on Delaware, just north of Hertel - a very nice North Buffalo neighborhood.

Perhaps you are confusing it with Mineo & Sapio's - another well-known (albeit inferior) sausage factory - on Connecticut Street?

(Or Balistreri's bakery on Niagara Street, which has the best rolls?)

Are we talking about the same place?  The only Scime's I know has always been on Delaware, just north of Hertel - a very nice North Buffalo neighborhood.

Perhaps you are confusing it with Mineo & Sapio's - another well-known (albeit inferior) sausage factory - on Connecticut Street?

(Or Balistreri's bakery on Niagara Street, which has the best rolls?)

730987[/snapback]

My fault. I was talking about Scimes, I got my areas confused.