Original Jersey is the 3rd Jersey!!

RayFinkle

Those 15 games will be the only ones I'd go to.

730198[/snapback]

at least we have the 3rd jersey! my question is who will be the first guy here to buy and wear the slug abortion.

Still a little confused. I knew the third jersey was the original road uniform but is it re-colored with the new blue and gold colors of the new jerseys or does it have the original blue and gold. I had heard it was the former (which I'm fine with).

Sabres To Wear Original Blue And Gold For 15 Games

WGR Newsroom - Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 3:08 PM

Following is a schedule of the 15 games Buffalo will wear their third jersey this season:

Saturday, October 14 vs. New York Rangers

Tuesday, October 17 vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Saturday, November 4 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

Friday, November 17 vs. Pittsburgh Penguins

Friday, November 24 vs. Montreal Canadiens

Thursday, December 14 vs. Florida Panthers

Tuesday, December 19 vs. Montreal Canadiens

Monday, January 1 vs. New York Islanders

Friday, January 19 vs. Vancouver Canucks

Tuesday, January 30 vs. Boston Bruins

Thursday, February 15 vs. Edmonton Oilers

Thursday, February 22 vs. Ottawa Senators

Saturday, March 10 vs. New Jersey Devils

Friday, March 23 vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

Thursday, April 5 vs. Boston Bruins

Buffalo Sabres Managing Partner Larry Quinn announced today the Sabres will wear the franchise’s original blue and gold uniform and logo as the team’s third jersey during 15 home games in the 2006-07 season.

The Sabres first wore the original Blue and Gold in the 1970-1971 season and continued that way for the following 26 years. The first major change to the team's look came in 1996-97 when the team changed its basic colors to red, black and white to coincide with the opening of the HSBC Arena (formerly Marine Midland Arena).

“We have been planning all along to use the original colors and logo as our third jersey for next season,” Quinn said. “Given the outpouring of fan concern the last few weeks, we decided to make this announcement now instead of September as originally planned. We are still committed and enthusiastic about our new uniform and believe that fans will embrace it once they have a chance to actually see it."

The Sabres will unveil their new uniform during the week of September 24, at a time and place still to be determined. The team will actually wear their new jerseys for the first time on Saturday, September 30, in their only home pre-season game at HSBC Arena against the Pittsburgh Penguins at 7:00 p.m.

The team will wear a new Blue and Gold uniform design, which will be unveiled in late September, for the remaining 26 home games and all 41 road games.

I think this is pretty cool, and I'm also amused by the angst expressed by everyone over the new banana slug logo. It would appear we get the best of both worlds. In approximately 18% of the Sabres' games next year (36% of home games) they'll wear the original colors and logo so beloved by the fans. In their other games we'll see a new design that, quite truthfully, is an unknown. Sure, we've seen the logo, but we have no idea how it will be used on the uniform or what these will look like. I'll reserve judgment until then.

Still a little confused.  I knew the third jersey was the original road uniform but is it re-colored with the new blue and gold colors of the new jerseys or does it have the original blue and gold.  I had heard it was the former (which I'm fine with).

730213[/snapback]

it is the orignal. oldschool.

it is the orignal. oldschool.

730233[/snapback]

Quinn just said on the radio that they would be darkening the blue. He said the problem with royal blue over the years is that the NHL has all these different manufacturers and it's really not consistent.

Now Bulldog and Brad are saying the original is the original.

I have no idea.

Quinn just said on the radio that they would be darkening the blue.  He said the problem with royal blue over the years is that the NHL has all these different manufacturers and it's really not consistent.

Now Bulldog and Brad are saying the original is the original.

I have no idea.

730236[/snapback]

Over the next couple of seasons they will "fine tune it" to bring it more in line with the new colors. This year however "the league" made him do the originals.

Personally, I'm just going to buy a friggin throwback jersey and be done with it forever. I get sick when I look at all the jerseys which are now collecting dust in my closet.

Over the next couple of seasons they will "fine tune it" to bring it more in line with the new colors. This year however "the league" made him do the originals.

Personally, I'm just going to buy a friggin throwback jersey and be done with it forever. I get sick when I look at all the jerseys which are now collecting dust in my closet.

730242[/snapback]

Yeah, I just heard that. Good grief.

So do I buy my Tallinder throwback this season or do I wait until they finish tweaking the colors? GAH!

Yeah, I just heard that.  Good grief.

So do I buy my Tallinder throwback this season or do I wait until they finish tweaking the colors?  GAH!

730244[/snapback]

buy the original throwback. it's timeless.

buy the original throwback. it's timeless.

730245[/snapback]

I have the original jersey, no name. Got it when they changed to the black and red. Now that we are changing back, i am in the market for a black and red jersey.

Also says, Reebok played a key part in design.

730248[/snapback]

Ouch.

The only way that could be worse is if they let Nike take part. Their bright idea last year was to give college football teams uniforms where one sleeve is a different color from the entire rest of the uniform. Horrific.

Ouch.

The only way that could be worse is if they let Nike take part.  Their bright idea last year was to give college football teams uniforms where one sleeve is a different color from the entire rest of the uniform.  Horrific.

730265[/snapback]

Indeed. See the ghastly orange sleeve VT jerseys and the abortions that were the Florida Gator jerseys...

730248[/snapback]

"It's not my fault, I didn't make that decision, I approved that decision. Don't you know the difference between making a decision and approving a decision. Get me the guy that made that decision, I want his *ss".

Apologies to Rick Moranis, as I am certain I don't have the quote exactly right.

730248[/snapback]

shocking. the same guys who made the "new jerseys" which the canadian national team wore once during practice for 5 minutes before the players refused to wear them any longer.