I OBJECT!!

Hey, I'm a Bills fan to the death, therefore I hate the Pats (not as much as the Dolphins) with a passion, but ya gotta give the guy credit where credit is due for that ESPN "My Wish" segment. That wasn't all fluff. He gave that kid a nice day, for sure! I thought that was pretty cool.

Hey, I'm a Bills fan to the death, therefore I hate the Pats (not as much as the Dolphins) with a passion, but ya gotta give the guy credit where credit is due for that ESPN "My Wish" segment. That wasn't all fluff. He gave that kid a nice day, for sure! I thought that was pretty cool.

730555[/snapback]

Fag

730555[/snapback]

I see you just got a warm welcome to the board! :blink:

730555[/snapback]

Paul? Joe? Mike? Which one of you is this?

The problem isn't Tedi Bruschi per se. The problem is that the media is looking for good stories to try to draw in marginal fans. When they find a story that's worth telling at all, they beat it to death. After all, the media needs to talk about something, and of course a deep analysis of the game is out of the question.

Any unusual story is going to be beaten to death. This coming season, you'll wish Ben Roethlisberger had never heard of such a thing as a motorcycle. You'll probably hear yet more about whether this will be Brett Favre's last year; and about whether Jrerome Bettis's retirement is affecting the Steelers. You'll be beaten to death with stories like this. I mean it--the media will keep hitting you over the head with the same stuff, until your bloody corpse is sprawled across your living room floor. Then they'll keep attacking you with that stuff, just to make sure.

But none of this is Bettis's fault for retiring, nor Favre's fault for staying in the game. Nor is it Bruschi's fault for being a good player, a good comeback story, and a good guy on a Super Bowl team. I mean, seriously. What would you do if you were in Tedi's shoes? It's not like you can stop the media from turning your story into a circus. You could say he ought to leave the Patriots, but that would mean walking away from guys he's gone to battle with, guys he's close friends with, guys he has a chance to win another Super Bowl ring with. Yeah, it happens all the time, but maybe Bruschi's more loyal than most. Not everyone has the "I can't feed my family with Super Bowl rings" mentality.