Sabres To Unveil Jerseys Today!

PTS

Did Ralphie boy buy the Sabres? "We called this important press conference about the new uniforms to show off the old sweater that we will use, even though it won't match the new uniform bottoms. Also, we'll announce the new uniforms later...because we don't have any, despite the fact that they've been done since April." ;)

If they hold a press conference tomorrow to say that "Lindy Ruff is still the coach," then I'll get mighty suspicious....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Third time a charm?

The Sabres backed out of their plans. Local media was told to come to HSBC for a 4pm presser and that jerseys would be unveiled. Why else would the TV stations broadcast it live if it wasn't that.

Were I work, I was told to be ready for the uniform sheet to send out to people at the strike of 4.

Something happened between noon and now to cancel that.

730215[/snapback]

It's official PTS. You are TBD's tabloid poster. From now on, I will read your posts (especially those regarding Sabres' uniforms) like I am in line at the grocery store and looking at the Enquirer headlines. The topic will be interesting, but I most certainly will not buy it, because these hot tips you receive always end up in the can.

It's official PTS.  You are TBD's tabloid poster.  From now on, I will read your posts (especially those regarding Sabres' uniforms) like I am in line at the grocery store and looking at the Enquirer headlines.  The topic will be interesting, but I most certainly will not buy it, because these hot tips you receive always end up in the can.

730575[/snapback]

We don't have much time left, tho.

I was in the supermarket early this week and the Enquirer's lede story was "Armegeddon Will Begin Next Month."

Damn, I hope it's after the 22nd. I want to see what Madden '07 Superstar Mode is like.

It's official PTS.  You are TBD's tabloid poster.  From now on, I will read your posts (especially those regarding Sabres' uniforms) like I am in line at the grocery store and looking at the Enquirer headlines.  The topic will be interesting, but I most certainly will not buy it, because these hot tips you receive always end up in the can.

730575[/snapback]

I guess you can include just about all the other local media outlets that posted the same thing yesterday after me before editting it off their sites.

I don't know how anyone can watch that press conference and say "Yep, that was the planned press conference."

So you are telling me the Sabres send out releases to the media to make sure they get down to HSBC Arena just so they can say the third jersey is the alternate? Everyone already knew that much. And then they say they don't have any samples available? Are you kidding me? Something changed their plans yesterday and my guess is someone higher up stepped in and nixed the unveiling to futher tweak the new uniforms.

i still like the red jerseys with the crossed sabres the best.    :blink:

730705[/snapback]

I agree. Slightly disappointed they didn't wear them once in the playoffs. Should've worn them for Game 4 vs. Carolina after they lost the previous two Game 4's in white & black. :blink:

I've come to the conclusion that I like the current red & black but not the whites. I say just use the old home jerseys as the current away jerseys and keep the red & black for home games because the blue sweater with gold lettering is ugly....but I guess too late for that.

Pass whatever you're on.  No fair kiping.

731608[/snapback]

No sh--. Those things are featureless.

Especially when SEVEN other teams use red/black/white as dominant colors in their palatte, those just faded into obscurity/the mainstream, even more than the goat head jerseys did.

For everyone unhappy with the rumored/leaked design, go to/watch the games but don't buy any merchandise and the problem will likely be solved in short order.