Best letter ever

I disagree. I think it's a crappy letter. First of all, Owen had no hand in the writing, directing or producting of the Dupree movie. It sounds like Steely Dan has a legitimate gripe, but take it up with the producers. What's the point of publicly insulting both of the Wilson brothers? They just come off like bitter washed up pricks.

Besides, I think both Owen and Luke have been good in several good movies. And they have some nerve calling the Wilsons out for fluff roles, considering Steely Dan has been on the same greatest hits tour for three decades.

I disagree.  I think it's a crappy letter.  First of all, Owen had no hand in the writing, directing or producting of the Dupree movie.  It sounds like Steely Dan has a legitimate gripe, but take it up with the producers.  What's the point of publicly insulting both of the Wilson brothers?  They just come off like bitter washed up pricks.

Besides, I think both Owen and Luke have been good in several good movies.  And they have some nerve calling the Wilsons out for fluff roles, considering Steely Dan has been on the same greatest hits tour for three decades.

729942[/snapback]

Hint: I don't like Steely Dan and I thought it funny that they basically took the initiative to make themselves look like bitter washed up pricks. I think it's hilarious. Especially their informal writing style that is trying to sound so hip it's like "The Dude" wrote it in all seriousness.

Hint: I don't like Steely Dan and I thought it funny that they basically took the initiative to make themselves look like bitter washed up pricks.  I think it's hilarious.  Especially their informal writing style that is trying to sound so hip it's like "The Dude" wrote it in all seriousness.

729949[/snapback]

still lame

Hint: I don't like Steely Dan and I thought it funny that they basically took the initiative to make themselves look like bitter washed up pricks.  I think it's hilarious.  Especially their informal writing style that is trying to sound so hip it's like "The Dude" wrote it in all seriousness.

729949[/snapback]

Ok, in that sense, it is pretty great. They definitely show some true colors (mostly brown).

I couldn't tell, by the weird writing style, if they were trying to mock Luke as if he's really dumb and talks like that or if they are actually just that burned out and think they're cool.

A friend (a big Wilson bros fan) emailed this to me.  I'm pretty sure he found it on a website related to them.

729977[/snapback]

Ok, let's try this:

Hint: I don't like Steely Dan.......

.....but I'll read a whole lame ass letter supposedly written by them. :):P

I disagree.  I think it's a crappy letter.  First of all, Owen had no hand in the writing, directing or producting of the Dupree movie.  It sounds like Steely Dan has a legitimate gripe, but take it up with the producers.  What's the point of publicly insulting both of the Wilson brothers?  They just come off like bitter washed up pricks.

Besides, I think both Owen and Luke have been good in several good movies.  And they have some nerve calling the Wilsons out for fluff roles, considering Steely Dan has been on the same greatest hits tour for three decades.

729942[/snapback]

It's a JOKE, for Christ's sake. I can't believe the way this is being reported. The Dan did a similar thing years ago with the R&R Hall of Fame. The entire thing is a tongue-in-cheek spoof.

It's a JOKE, for Christ's sake.  I can't believe the way this is being reported.  The Dan did a similar thing years ago with the R&R Hall of Fame.  The entire thing is a tongue-in-cheek spoof.

730078[/snapback]

I agree. Steely Dan is way to cool of a dude to act like that and I'm sure they got some french benefits out of the deal.