Another Bengal in trouble.

The Bengals better get some good work in at camp because they have a difficult first month of the season, just look at the first part of their schedule:

Date Opponent Time/Result

Sep 10 @Guantanamo Bay 1:00pm

Sep 17 @ Attica 1:00pm

Sep 24 @Sing Sing 1:00pm

Oct 1 @ Tower of London 4:15pm

Week 5 BYE (Parole Hearings)

Oct 15 @Alcatraz 1:00pm

Oct 22 @ Leavenworth 1:00pm

Oct 29 @ Devils Island 1:00pm

The Bengals better get some good work in at camp because they have a difficult first month of the season, just look at the first part of their schedule:

Date Opponent          Time/Result

Sep 10 @Guantanamo Bay      1:00pm

Sep 17 @ Attica                      1:00pm

Sep 24 @Sing Sing                  1:00pm

Oct 1  @ Tower of London  4:15pm

Week 5 BYE  (Parole Hearings)

Oct 15 @Alcatraz                    1:00pm

Oct 22 @ Leavenworth              1:00pm

Oct 29 @ Devils Island              1:00pm

729357[/snapback]

LMAO!!! That was superb.

Hey Stuck--how are they progressing on guard tower construction at the stadium?  Are the electric fences in yet?

729387[/snapback]

No, I'm guessing they'll first put up some banners with the increasingly-commonplace words..."He was just about to turn his life around".

That and metal detectors in the locker room tunnels... :lol:

729357[/snapback]

I'd figure at least some of those would be considered "home" games...

Ahhhhh Thurman. Caught by the nose candy again. The Bengals are becoming the real life version of the team from "The Longest Yard". Sign Sandler as Palmer's back-up. Sign Nelly to back-up Rudi. Finally sign Michael Irvin out of Retirement to take the slot spot since Henry is up ish creek without a paddle.

729357[/snapback]

Awesome! :lol:

But you forgot their November 6 game, home, against the Miami Dolfelons.

Here are more comments from Lewis. This in particular has me scratching my head.....

>>>>> "There's no question we've had a bad run of events this spring," Lewis said. "These allegations have been embarrassing both to the players, our organization, and no question to our fans. And I apologize to them for that.

"However, these things still do remain allegations. At this point, not any of them have been adjudicated."

Three of the four arrested players were high draft picks with either criminal records or a history of problems with their college coaches.<<<<<

Allegations? Yeah.....and lots of them! This to me sounds as if he is leaving the door open to the possibility that these players (criminal histories in tow) might be innocent victims of the "system," or perhaps even the police. Do comments such as this (in addition to bringing a constant flow of criminals into the organization) set a tone that rings of permissiveness?

Otoh, talk about a player's coach! He is going to bat for these guys with comments such as these, and I guess that there IS something to be said for this. I do however wonder as to whether or not these players, given their shaky at best histories, will appreciate him sticking his neck out and straighten up. Or, will they see his apparent leniency and get worse?

I don't know what is going on in Cincy, but it is going to be interesting to watch this apparent mess unfold.

Here are more comments from Lewis. This in particular has me scratching my head.....

>>>>> "There's no question we've had a bad run of events this spring," Lewis said. "These allegations have been embarrassing both to the players, our organization, and no question to our fans. And I apologize to them for that.

"However, these things still do remain allegations. At this point, not any of them have been adjudicated."

Three of the four arrested players were high draft picks with either criminal records or a history of problems with their college coaches.<<<<<

Allegations? Yeah.....and lots of them! This to me sounds as if he is leaving the door open to the possibility that these players (criminal histories in tow) might be  innocent victims of the "system," or perhaps even the police. Do comments such as this (in addition to bringing a constant flow of criminals into the organization) set a tone that rings of permissiveness?

Otoh, talk about a player's coach! He is going to bat for these guys with comments such as these, and I guess that there IS something to be said for this. I do however wonder as to whether or not these players, given their shaky at best histories, will appreciate him sticking his neck out and straighten up. Or, will they see his apparent leniency and get worse?

I don't know what is going on in Cincy, but it is going to be interesting to watch this apparent mess unfold.

729755[/snapback]

Bill -- really, what else can he say? This is straight out of the Dealing With The Media 101 handbook. He's right -- none of the charges have been adjudicated. Sounds like a reasonable statement, and it's nice to hear him apologize to the fans.

Now, with respect to the players themselves and the problems that are seemingly running rampant, I think the Bengals' front office needs to take a long look at how they are evaluating these guys before bringing them in. Or maybe they don't care. In any event, if they start losing multiple guys to 4-game suspensions it's going to get really embarrassing.