Would we have any interest in this guy

He played RT.....Seems like a high character type of guy.....

FA Lineman

"I wasn't going to steal their money and just try to hang on," Meadows told ESPN.com last week"

728949[/snapback]

He is a RT. Would you suggest he play the leftside and let him fight for a spot with Gandy. I dont think this would be an ideal signing.

He is a RT. Would you suggest he play the leftside and let him fight for a spot with Gandy. I dont think this would be an ideal signing.

728962[/snapback]

Yes, or as a depth guy...Vet Min I would think...maybe just a little more..

I think we would have an interest just because there are so many questions about our OL. However, the Stinchomb situation would merely add a bunch of additional questions to be answered:

1. Is his shoulder healed such that he can play effectively?

2. Did two years away dull his productivity such he would be problematic to depend on very soon?

3. We have a higher upside prospect in Peters we just extended with big bucks so Stinchomb would come here as a designated back-up at RT and as pointed out woud need to unseat the adequate Gandy at a position he did not play before at LT, there are already questions about how he will work at RT so the jump to the other side is yet aother hurdle with uncertainty.

In essence, the market will probably give him more money to sign than we would want to pay to merely have these questions answered. So I doubt we would want to put cash behind any interest in him.

I think we would have an interest just because there are so many questions about our OL.  However, the Stinchomb situation would merely add a bunch of additional questions to be answered:

1. Is his shoulder healed such that he can play effectively?

2. Did two years away dull his productivity such he would be problematic to depend on very soon?

3. We have a higher upside prospect in Peters we just extended with big bucks so Stinchomb would come here as a designated back-up at RT and as pointed out woud need to unseat the adequate Gandy at a position he did not play before at LT, there are already questions about how he will work at RT so the jump to the other side is yet aother hurdle with uncertainty.

In essence, the market will probably give him more money to sign  than we would want to pay to merely have these questions answered. So I doubt we would want to put cash behind any interest in him.

729015[/snapback]

How would you feel about Meadows?

How would you feel about Meadows?

729016[/snapback]

Not having looked the guy in the eye to see where hid heart is (playing the game or running a business) or having seen him practice to judge how long it will take him to get into game shape, I really find it impossible to say.

What, I can say is tha JMac's years of experience and stellar record getting results (a couple of SBs with the Bengals and building the OL for Anderson and Brooks) and also as a teacher (building an OL based on FAs that got the Giants to the SB, and demonstrated good assessment and teaching of Peters and MW), I am willing to put my trust in JMac to make good judgements.

As he said, he is not a miracle worker and the sorry choice of Anderson demonstrates he can make mistakes. So even though I do not think I know enough to make an intelligent assesment of Meadows, I think I can make an intelligent assessment to trust JMac to make the right call.

My uninformed assessment of the Meadows situation (all us internet posters are entitled to our fact-free opinions) is that it seems like a lot of climbing for him to do to actually beat the challenges of injury, the layoff from the game for two years and the switch to LT necessitated by our resources and needs to make him a worthwhile investment for us.

If the market will not give him anything more than back-up money (I think the market will pay him starter money or starter money with very makeable escalators) then I think it would be great for us to sign him to back-up $.