Some Idiot Brought Her Kid to Work Today

shrader

But on the plus side, the child wasn't exposed to second hand smoke...which has more chance of killing a child then a joke about killing a child.  <_<

728924[/snapback]

Wrt the smoking ban, I was always able to concede restaurants.

My complaint was about bars. You know....the places people go and sometimes kill people on the way home, or are statistically more prone to beat up their wives upon arrival.

Yeah, let's protect these people from second hand smoke, against the wishes of the property owners. :D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. Every company should be mandated to impose rules against all children. The guy has a legit right to be annoyed to the point of making statements about tossing a baby out of a window.

Gotcha Bro.

728931[/snapback]

Actually, I would never throw a baby out a window. I draw the line at 3 years old.

Good point. Every company should be mandated to impose rules against all children. The guy has a legit right to be annoyed to the point of making statements about tossing a baby out of a window.

Gotcha Bro.

728931[/snapback]

Ease up, Sparkey. He has a right to do his job without this type of distraction. If he took the job knowing that children would be running around distracting the employees, then he has no right to B word. That was not the case here and he has a right to an environment where he can work without this type of interruption.

Wrt the smoking ban, I was always able to concede restaurants.

My complaint was about bars. You know....the places people go and sometimes kill people on the way home, or are statistically more prone to beat up their wives upon arrival.

Yeah, let's protect these people from second hand smoke, against the wishes of the property owners.  <_<

728935[/snapback]

Sounds like you need to stop at a bar on your way home. RELAX dude. I am pretty sure he is kiddung. If not shrader seek help immediatly.

The damn kid has been screaming, yelling, and running back and forth in front of my door all damn day.  I wish I had a land mine or something to put out there.  Sure, the blast would kill me too, but I don't really care anymore.

Have you attempted to close the door? <_<

hy·per·bo·le (n.)

1. A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton

Be easy bro <_<

728934[/snapback]

You are probably right. Thanks.

I guess that "jokes" such as this wear upon one more after having seen abused and murdered children, but I suppose this is my problem to deal with.

Thanks again.

Ease up, Sparkey. He has a right to do his job without this type of distraction. If he took the job knowing that children would be running around distracting the employees, then he has no right to B word. That was not the case here and he has a right to an environment where he can work without this type of interruption.

728940[/snapback]

Maybe you are right Ken.

The possibility also exists that Americans are losing their tolerance. I don't claim to have all the answers, but this appears to be the case, and imo it is not a good thing.

Maybe you are right Ken.

The possibility also exists that Americans are losing their tolerance. I don't claim to have all the answers, but this appears to be the case, and imo it is not a good thing.

728947[/snapback]

People are losing tolerance. There is no question. Could some of this be a result of allowing this type of thing in the work environment? A 10 minute thing can be tolerated. Having this go on all day is something beyond what people should have to tolerate while at work.

People are losing tolerance. There is no question. Could some of this be a result of allowing this type of thing in the work environment? A 10 minute thing can be tolerated. Having this go on all day is something beyond what people should have to tolerate while at work.

728961[/snapback]

Not that I go back that far, but I can't imagine a parent allowing a child to do this back in say, the 50's. One peep out of the kid and they probably would have been whipped with a belt.

Like you said, loss of tolerance, maybe. Lack of respect for those around you, definitly.

Have you attempted to close the door? <_<

728942[/snapback]

The walls are paper thin. I did have my ipod going for most of the day though. I could still hear the kid clearly over the headphones.

But hey, it looks like they're gone now.

This entire floor is all research people, except for the small corner outside my office which has the hospital's marketing department.  Since they're a completely different department, I have no idea who I could possibly complain too, other than the mother herself.

She has brought her kid in a couple times in the past, but never for more than maybe 10 minutes.  Today he's been here all day.

Not only that, making jokes about harming children are funny, and fully acceptable.

I would joke about harming the mother, but that wouldn't really solve my problem, would it?

728917[/snapback]

There you go, time to nut up and tell the mother, not us, how you feel.

People are losing tolerance. There is no question. Could some of this be a result of allowing this type of thing in the work environment?

728961[/snapback]

Yes.

If injustices such as this are prevented, perhaps Americans (and who knows, maybe people world-wide) would be more accepting of others who are different, or in a different situation that themselves.

Dammit, you and the OP might have just solved the worlds' problems. Get those damn kids out of the workplace if they bother yuppies! <_<:D

Yes.

If injustices such as this are prevented, perhaps Americans (and who knows, maybe people world-wide) would be more accepting of others who are different, or in a different situation that themselves.

Dammit, you and the OP might have just solved the worlds' problems. Get those damn kids out of the workplace if they bother yuppies!  <_<  :D

728993[/snapback]

There you go again. :D

Once I had an office manager who needed to bring her 8-year-old to work. She promised he'd be quiet and do work in a conference room, so we set him in this small room near the back of the building where we had a fridge and people would go to take breaks becuase there was a door that led outside so they could smoke.

After the kid was there for an hour or so I asked the woman why she needed to bring him in and why he wasn't at school.

"He got suspended."

"For what."

"He set a bathroom stall on fire."

"Great. Would you mind going back there and collecting everyone's lighters, please?"

I did have my ipod going for most of the day though.  I could still hear the kid clearly over the headphones.

But hey, it looks like they're gone now.

728967[/snapback]

Music-children=noise while at work trying to concentrate...

Tommorow will you have your Ipod going most of the day while concentrating when your working and junior is not there? just curious. <_<

Music-children=noise while at work trying to concentrate...

729020[/snapback]

I think you were trying to say that if children bother you then why doesn't music as they're both noise?

I listen to music at work at least half my day and it doesn't bother me. Stand two people behind my cubicle chatting away though and I can't concentrate worth a damn. Just the way it is.

Gotcha Bro.

728931[/snapback]

Pretend the kid is Mike Williams. :lol:

I think you were trying to say that if children bother you then why doesn't music as they're both noise?

I listen to music at work at least half my day and it doesn't bother me. Stand two people behind my cubicle chatting away though and I can't concentrate worth a damn. Just the way it is.

729028[/snapback]

Just an Observation of the two sources of noise, identifiable in his post.

Deductive reasoning is all that is. :lol::P

When I first started working, radioes and tv's were forbidden on the job :P