2 sides to every story

Hizbollah is part of the Lebanese government last I checked. Anderson Cooper did a profile of Hizbollah last night and by his fellating of that criminal organization, you'd think they were the sisters of charity or something. News Flash, Anderson....THEY INVENTED SUICIDE BOMBING.

I hate liberals. I hate them. I know it's not right to hate, but liberals exist in a world where common sense is null and void. They're IDEALISTS, not REALISTS.

730541[/snapback]

I don't hate anybody, but I don't think much of a position of absolutes. That's what you're taking here. I could point out issue A to Z where so-called conservatives are not dealing with reality (i.e. abstinence-only sex-ed). If you want to talk real conservatives, fine, but good luck pointing out many of them who hold office in the USA.

We still love you, Joe. C'mon, give us a hug. :blink:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a fuggin' Hizb'allah gift shop in Beirut.

730727[/snapback]

There's far more than that. There are hizbollah run schools, hospitals. I came across this very (!) long article on Hizbollah from the Boston Review (before anyone rants or raves, I know nothing about this publication). Might be of interest to people interested in background info to the current conflict, though it probably won't be of interest to the "who cares how they're pronounced, they're Islamofascists" brigade.

Hizbollah

Hizbollah is part of the Lebanese government last I checked. Anderson Cooper did a profile of Hizbollah last night and by his fellating of that criminal organization, you'd think they were the sisters of charity or something. News Flash, Anderson....THEY INVENTED SUICIDE BOMBING.

I hate liberals. I hate them. I know it's not right to hate, but liberals exist in a world where common sense is null and void. They're IDEALISTS, not REALISTS.

730541[/snapback]

Yeah, they're "part of" the Lebanese government. Two cabinet ministers and eleven seats in parliment. They're not THE Lebanese government. They're a political party...with their own private militia outside the control of the Lebanese government.

And for the roughly one billion dollars they pumped in to rebuilding Lebanon...yeah, they're pretty charitable. If they'd just divest themselves of their military pretensions like they're supposed to under UN resolutions, they might even achieve respectability.

Go back and read your earlier posts in this thread:

730506[/snapback]

Go read my even earlier posts in this board, when I said otherwise. Note that I only started blaming the Lebanese after you made the contention that Hizb'Allah = Lebanon. It's called "using your own nonsense against you".

Edit: Actually, looking back, I made the contention that Hizb'Allah doesn't represent Lebanon...and you !@#$ing argued with me that they do. So now when I say they do, you argue with me that they don't. This is why people treat you like an idiot.

Go read my even earlier posts in this board, when I said otherwise.  Note that I only started blaming the Lebanese after you made the contention that Hizb'Allah = Lebanon.  It's called "using your own nonsense against you".

Edit: Actually, looking back, I made the contention that Hizb'Allah doesn't represent Lebanon...and you !@#$ing argued with me that they do.  So now when I say they do, you argue with me that they don't.  This is why people treat you like an idiot.

730754[/snapback]

I couldn't care less whether people on this board treat me like an idiot or not. The matter is irrelevant.

I've done a search for my earlier posts since you weren't helpful enough to specify which post or even which thread I'm supposed to have had the aforementioned argument with you in. I'm guessing that the exchange was this one:

Well...yes, and no. You see, Hizb'Allah - who are not really Lebanese, even though they're a leading party in Lebanon's democratically-based parlimentary system - kidnapped Israeli soldiers, on Israel's side of the border. So it's obviously Israel's fault.

My response:

How on earth are Hizbullah "not really Lebanese"?

You made the statement that Hizbullah are not really Lebanese and I asked how you worked that out. That is very different from saying Hizbullah doesn't represent Lebanon and then me arguing that they do. Nice try of deflecting the argument away from the fact that you stated that you never said something that you had actually said just a few posts earlier in the very same thread. Myself, I would have held my hand up and said I made a mistake, but each to his own ...

I couldn't care less whether people on this board treat me like an idiot or not. The matter is irrelevant.

I've done a search for my earlier posts since you weren't helpful enough to specify which post or even which thread I'm supposed to have had the aforementioned argument with you in. I'm guessing that the exchange was this one:

My response:

You made the statement that Hizbullah are not really Lebanese and I asked how you worked that out. That is very different from saying Hizbullah doesn't represent Lebanon and then me arguing that they do. Nice try of deflecting the argument away from the fact that you stated that you never said something that you had actually said just a few posts earlier in the very same thread. Myself, I would have held my hand up and said I made a mistake, but each to his own ...

730821[/snapback]

I have two links to offer about the lebanese and beirut..

Zena EL - Khahlil a lebanese artist/words about this issue..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/israel/Story/0,,1823785,00.html

Update on beirut..

http://beirutupdate.blogspot.com/2006/07/t...eek-notice.html

Yeah, they're "part of" the Lebanese government.  Two cabinet ministers and eleven seats in parliment.  They're not THE Lebanese government.  They're a political party...with their own private militia outside the control of the Lebanese government.

And for the roughly one billion dollars they pumped in to rebuilding Lebanon...yeah, they're pretty charitable.  If they'd just divest themselves of their military pretensions like they're supposed to under UN resolutions, they might even achieve respectability.

730752[/snapback]

Its not like Hiz'bollah is so strong that they can pretty much just push the extremely weak Lebanese government around, and put the country under whats functioning as an authoritarian regime with them in controle, is it?

Nah, couldn't be!

O wait..... :D

Yeah, they're "part of" the Lebanese government.  Two cabinet ministers and eleven seats in parliment.  They're not THE Lebanese government.  They're a political party...with their own private militia outside the control of the Lebanese government.

And for the roughly one billion dollars they pumped in to rebuilding Lebanon...yeah, they're pretty charitable.  If they'd just divest themselves of their military pretensions like they're supposed to under UN resolutions, they might even achieve respectability.

730752[/snapback]

But they won't. They're just like every other Muslim loonie organization out there.