Kerry Really Needs To Stop

KRC

Wah, Hezbollah's getting their asses kicked. Poor, oppressed, homicidal Shiite radical terrorists!

728777[/snapback]

There is a connection to lebanon being bombed by israel, and The U.S. letting this process playout that leads directly to Iraq and could be crucial to the Insurgency...

Iraq!

Shiite militant leader in Iraq warns Israel and the U.S. on lebanon..

Baghdad: the radical shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr said friday that Iraqis will not ''sit by with folded hands'' signaling a (possible) increase in attacks from his mercurial militia the Mahdi Army..

In a written statement, Sadr also said that he considers the U.S. culpable in the conflict unfolding in Lebanon because Americas the largest foreign ally of Israel..

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/071...t-iraq0715.html

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time magazine 7-24: The Message Behind Rice's Surprise Visit to Beirut

Chicago Trib 7-25: Rice makes surprise visit to Beirut

Bloomberg 7-24: Rice Makes Surprise Lebanon Visit

and many more.....

Why must everything this administration does be done as a "surprise" visit, sneaking in for a PR op, then scurrying away?

728779[/snapback]

"Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will travel to the Middle East to try to resolve the crisis, Bush administration officials said." - NYT, July 18

I looked earlier...but anything more than a week ago, you have to pay for. And since this "surprise" visit was being reported a week ago...well, again, not much of a surprise, is it?

"Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will travel to the Middle East to try to resolve the crisis, Bush administration officials said." - NYT, July 18

I looked earlier...but anything more than a week ago, you have to pay for.  And since this "surprise" visit was being reported a week ago...well, again, not much of a surprise, is it?

728842[/snapback]

You expect people to remember something that happened a week ago? Get real.

I looked earlier...but anything more than a week ago, you have to pay for.  And since this "surprise" visit was being reported a week ago...well, again, not much of a surprise, is it?

728842[/snapback]

From the infamous open mike dialogue - July 16

Mr Bush also hinted that Condoleezza Rice, the US Secretary of State, would take a bigger role, and appeared to express frustration about UN Secretary General Kofi Annan.

"I think Condi’s going to go pretty soon," Mr Bush said. Ms Rice is widely expected to travel to the region after a UN fact-finding team returns.

728842[/snapback]

There is "traveling to the Mideast" and there is "surprise visit to Beirut." Why play up the five-hour Beirut drive-by? In fact, the majority of the articles reporting it used "surprise." So, she was there to hand them a check for humanitarian aid, and to shake the Lebanese official's hand...PR op. Not much diplomacy getting done in a five-hour check-and-a-hand shake visit.

You expect people to remember something that happened a week ago? Get real.

728859[/snapback]

Why not?  He remembered Rumsfeld had to sneak into Baghdad...

...oh, wait...that actually SERVED his partisan purposes, didn't it?  <_<

728863[/snapback]

What would a day on the GOPPP be without the "smartest guys in the room" patting themselves on the back?

Time magazine 7-24: The Message Behind Rice's Surprise Visit to Beirut

Chicago Trib 7-25: Rice makes surprise visit to Beirut

Bloomberg 7-24: Rice Makes Surprise Lebanon Visit

and many more.....

Why must everything this administration does be done as a "surprise" visit, sneaking in for a PR op, then scurrying away?

728779[/snapback]

So? The headlines are wrong. What a shock. Rice's trip has been talked about for over a week.

And here I thought the media was always accurate. <_<:D

Linky Thingy

Please. Stop. Now. You are embarassing yourself.

728683[/snapback]

Who's making less sense at the moment? Al Gore or John Kerry?

If we're really lucky, we'll have a Gore-Kerry ticket in 08.

And they'll get elected and should have all the problems in the world wrapped up by March 2009.

<_<

What would a day on the GOPPP be without the "smartest guys in the room" patting themselves on the back?

728904[/snapback]

Let me guess. You cannot defend your position, so you are (yet again) going to run away and pout because you could not turn the thread into a Bush Bad thread. Right?

Just because the media forgot that they had already reported about the trip a mere week ago, does not make it a "suprise."

If we're really lucky, we'll have a Gore-Kerry ticket in 08.

728916[/snapback]

You don't know who the Reps are going to nominate. You might not be so lucky.

Let me guess. You cannot defend your position, so you are (yet again) going to run away and pout because you could not turn the thread into a Bush Bad thread. Right?

Just because the media forgot that they had already reported about the trip a mere week ago, does not make it a "suprise."

728919[/snapback]

Yeah, that's it Ken. I'm always avoiding conflict by disappearing.

The media didn't forget about anything. A "trip to the mideast" is not specific, and they wouldn't have known about that save for the butter-roll incident.

A five hour drive-by of Beirut is not diplomacy. It's a photo op, although that may pass for diplomacy in the eyes of this admin.

Yeah, that's it Ken.  I'm always avoiding conflict by disappearing. 

The media didn't forget about anything.  A "trip to the mideast" is not specific, and they wouldn't have known about that save for the butter-roll incident. 

A five hour drive-by of Beirut is not diplomacy.  It's a photo op, although that may pass for diplomacy in the eyes of this admin.

728922[/snapback]

...but yet, when Bush takes the time for diplomacy (i.e. DPRK), you B word and moan that nothing is being done. It is obvious that you are just going to B word for the sake of bitching.

So tell me, how long does Rice need to be in Lebanon before it is an acceptable amount of time?

Yeah, that's it Ken.  I'm always avoiding conflict by disappearing. 

The media didn't forget about anything.  A "trip to the mideast" is not specific, and they wouldn't have known about that save for the butter-roll incident. 

A five hour drive-by of Beirut is not diplomacy.  It's a photo op, although that may pass for diplomacy in the eyes of this admin.

728922[/snapback]

The 5-hr stop by Beirut is absolutely part of the diplomacy, because the "photo-op" shows that the US is also supporting Lebanon's government. Yeah, let's minimize the underlying meaning of the personal visit by the SoS.

A mere phone call from the US Secretary of State is huge in diplomatic language, and a 5-hour meeting is monumental.

...but yet, when Bush takes the time for diplomacy (i.e. DPRK), you B word and moan that nothing is being done. It is obvious that you are just going to B word for the sake of bitching.

So tell me, how long does Rice need to be in Lebanon before it is an acceptable amount of time?

728928[/snapback]

My point is that she didn't need to go directly to Beirut at all if she had no intention of doing anything. If she is going on to Jerusalem etc then what was the point? She showed up, promised them $30 million and some blankets, didn't call for a cease-fire, and bolted for Jerusalem. I'd call that a PR move. Others may even call it a bribe.

The DPRK we've already established I'm not qualified to comment on. But I am entitled to an opinion, right, Ken? In my opinion North Korea is a disaster, based solely on the fact that they !@#$ing fired 7 missiles off and have nukes.

Edit:

It's 4:00. Can I leave work and head home, Ken, or will that be considered pouting?

Edited by Johnny Coli

My point is that she didn't need to go directly to Beirut at all if she had no intention of doing anything.  If she is going on to Jerusalem etc then what was the point?  She showed up, promised them $30 million and some blankets, didn't call for a cease-fire, and bolted for Jerusalem.  I'd call that a PR move.  Others may even call it a bribe.

If she was there for 5 hours, that is more than a photo-op and more than "nothing." You still did not answer my question, so I will repeat it: How long does she need to be there before it is an acceptable amount of time? If all she needed to do (in your mind) is call for a cease-fire, then why even spend 5 hours there. You can get that done in a matter of minutes. Take a couple of pictures and you can be out of there in 30 minutes max.

The DPRK we've already established I'm not qualified to comment on.  But I am entitled to an opinion, right, Ken?  In my opinion North Korea is a disaster, based solely on the fact that they !@#$ing fired 7 missiles off and have nukes.

I guess that only you are allowed to have an opinion and I just need to keep mine to myself. I will keep that in mind. (Note to self: Coli can say anything he wants, but it is verboten to question him on it.)

Edit:

It's 4:00. Can I leave work and head home, Ken, or will that be considered pouting?

728951[/snapback]

What, no overtime? Slacker. <_<