Madden 07 Superstar mode

LevysEraII

The new Madden 07 has a cool new feature that allows you to create a player at any position. You go through the NFL draft and start out just like a rookie. Earning playing time and respect as you go. You can only control your guy, no one else. You can't even call the plays.

QB, RB, WR, DE, S and LB all look fun to me. I'll probably select DE, first.

either way I won't use it. I play madden to play the game, I don't care about these fluffy features.

728199[/snapback]

Yeah, I wish they would spend more time improving the gameplay than all this fluffy crap, but every year it's a new gimmick and basically the same game. I probably won't even buy it this year; I need a hockey game! When do they come out?

The new Madden 07 has a cool new feature that allows you to create a player at any position. You go through the NFL draft and start out just like a rookie. Earning playing time and respect as you go. You can only control your guy, no one else. You can't even call the plays.

QB, RB, WR, DE, S and LB all look fun to me. I'll probably select DE, first.

728194[/snapback]

I'll go with a WR or CB. Not sure which one yet. If i get some time, maybe i'll start both and see which i enjoy more.

To those complaining about fluff, the superstar mode last year was just the same gameplay with some extra fluff around it. This time, its an entirely new way to play the game. You control your own idividual player, and have no say on anyone else. The AI calls plays, and you play them from your position. You can play however you wish. Be a TO if you want. :unsure: I am fairly excited to try this out. IMO, defense will be better, because i have a feeling the offensive AI is going to frustrate me.

As for the hockey games, '07 comes out in september.

I would love to play as CB but there doesn't seem to be a view in Madden that allows me to see enough of the field to be CB - am I just missing a camera angle setting?  :unsure:

728207[/snapback]

The camera angle will be different. You are the featured player, therefore you get the attention of the camera angle.

The camera angle will be different. You are the featured player, therefore you get the attention of the camera angle.

728210[/snapback]

Is there a possibility you get benched. If so, then it will make for a boring game. :unsure:

I'm guessing Ed will be a Loose End? ;)

728287[/snapback]

I told you not to call me that except when we're in the bedroom. :unsure:

Now please don't get mad and kick me in the shin like VABills does.