LAMP--Con-Ed

Electric heat.  Cheapest bill is over $100/month in the Spring/Fall.

Winters are cold here (although probably not as bad as Minn).

I think I pay roughly 12¢ /kwh plus various other charges.

728122[/snapback]

I just checked my records, and I only paid $1,588 for both gas and electric combined all of last year. You're paying almost double, and that doesn't include gas (if you pay for that separately). OUCH!

Mayor Michael Bloomberg is calling for a criminal investigation against the utility

He is?

Natural disasters are explainable and unpreventable.  Living in South Florida, it comes with the territory.  THis is something that could have, and should have been prevented.

728059[/snapback]

I'm guessing that the underground infrastructure needs a lot of work, and that the wires can't handle the load that's been put on them. Plus, ConEd likely realizes as long as they're underground, they're not going to fix one block at a time, knowing that they'll be back at the next block the following day.

I just checked my records, and I only paid $1,588 for both gas and electric combined all of last year. You're paying almost double, and that doesn't include gas (if you pay for that separately). OUCH!

I checked & it totalled $2586 in 2005. Bear in mind, I don't have ANY gas (not available) or fuel oil. I know electric is more expensive than other fuels for heating and apparently here in NYS, we have one of the higher rates (what a surprise). That's for a single person living in a roughly 1600 sq ft house, BTW.

I checked & it totalled $2586 in 2005.  Bear in mind, I don't have ANY gas (not available) or fuel oil.  I know electric is more expensive than other fuels for heating and apparently here in NYS, we have one of the higher rates (what a surprise).  That's for a single person living in a roughly 1600 sq ft house, BTW.

728222[/snapback]

You should check into what it costs for getting all your energy from renewables (here it's 65-35 run of the river hydro / wind farm). We locked in and while it might have started higher, it won't fluctuate all year and they give you a bit of a rebate so I think it's even, if not better, for us than if we'd gone with their standard plan (all coal energy).

I checked & it totalled $2586 in 2005.  Bear in mind, I don't have ANY gas (not available) or fuel oil.  I know electric is more expensive than other fuels for heating and apparently here in NYS, we have one of the higher rates (what a surprise).  That's for a single person living in a roughly 1600 sq ft house, BTW.

728222[/snapback]

Two people here, two story house (plus finished basement), roughly 1,800 square feet for us.

CW