Wimbley signs with Cleveland

Ramius

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2527043

Signed a 6 year 23.7 million deal, with 9.3 million in guarantees, and a viodable 6th year. He was drafted 13th overall, and its a nearly 10% increase over last year's 13th pick, according to the article. (2005 13th - 5 years 11 million)

I'd say look for the other 1st rounders to start falling into place, with williams and wimbley signed. thats how it usually goes. 1 signs, and they start to fall like dominoes.

For comparisons sake, last years #26 C Chris Spencer got a 5 yr, 7.4 million deal with 5 million guaranteed. Look for McCargo to get 5 years 8-9 million, with 5-6 mil guaranteed.

Now #8 is different story. Last years #7 and #9 got 5 year deals for 15.75 and 13 million respectively, with 13.3 and 11.26 million guaranteed, but antrel rolle, at #8, got a 6 year deal worth "up to" 43 million, and 13.6 guaranteed. I'm trying to find out more info about his contract, but no luck yet. I'll update if i find more info. I'd say look for Whitner to get 6 years 25-27 mil, with 13-15 mil guaranteed.

contract info from here http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Featu...ningchart05.htm

I'd say look for Whitner to get 6 years 25-27 mil, with 13-15 mil guaranteed.

727318[/snapback]

Nice. :D

Here is a thought.....add in Clements with his franchise tag salary. Toss in the money paid to Vincent. Now, add the salary of the 3rd and 4th draft picks if you will, and pile on the recently renegotiated salary of McGee. Who am I leaving out of the mix?

Do you think that perhaps a disproportionate amount of money is being spent on the secondary, or maybe not?

Just wondering. :huh:

Hey, Marv and DJ are Ivy League Grads! Maybe together, they have formulated an unprecented way of building a winning football team.

If so, I must admit that it is way over my head, not an impossible scenario I hasten to add. :P

Nice.  :D

Here is a thought.....add in Clements with his franchise tag salary. Toss in the money paid to Vincent. Now, add the salary of the 3rd and 4th draft picks if you will, and pile on the recently renegotiated salary of McGee. Who am I leaving out of the mix?

Do you think that perhaps a disproportionate amount of money is being spent on the secondary, or maybe not? 

Just wondering.  :huh:

Hey, Marv and DJ are Ivy League Grads! Maybe together, they have formulated an unprecented way of building a winning football team.

If so, I must admit that it is way over my head, not an impossible scenario I hasten to add.  :P

727381[/snapback]

Bill, I think it's likely that both Troy and Nate will be gone next year....when you replace their cap numbers with Youtoby and Simpson, I think the total is much more palatable.

From all i've heard about Whitner I think he'll be itching to get the deal done and be in camp on time. He wants to play very badly from all accounts i've come across.

PS- Jager and red bull's are pretty good.

Pendleton on the rocks though....oooooooh weeeeeeee