Politics help

I don't come on this board much so you may not realize that I am a student of history.

I've probably forgotten more about history than most of you will ever know but that is besides the point. I need your help on a pretty recent topic.

I like the trivial things that result in catch phrases. I understand where "the right" and "the left" comes from and a thousands of other little things like that. Some are well known, some are not. If you have questions on any of them, I'll be glad to answer.

One that is very current is partially lost on me. The term Neopolitician, like Neocon and Neolib gets thrown around a lot. Is it based on the ice cream flavor? I would think the republicans would be vanilla because they are all white guys. Democrats are probably strawberry because many of them are pinkos. I'm not sure where the chocolate would come in. Do any of you know?

I believed it's Derived from naples italy, mafia politicians( Neopolitan)

Which is proven to be true in this country with our LOC=Legalized Organized Crime .. Why? you need a no bid job to help our country!

726734[/snapback]

Do you throw away the vanilla and chocolate stripes or does someone else in your family eat them?

One that is very current is partially lost on me.  The term Neopolitician, like Neocon and Neolib gets thrown around a lot.  Is it based on the ice cream flavor?  I would think the republicans would be vanilla because they are all white guys.  Democrats are probably strawberry because many of them are pinkos.  I'm not sure where the chocolate would come in.  Do any of you know?

726707[/snapback]

A dictionary explaination of a neo-con is an intellectual and political movement in favor of political, economic, and social conservatism that arose in opposition to the perceived liberalism of the 1960s: “The neo-conservatism of the 1980s is a replay of the New Conservatism of the 1950s, which was itself a replay of the New Era philosophy of the 1920s” (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.).

Most recently the neo-con label has been applied to those like Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Bill Krystol, and all the others who in the late 1990's decided that the best way to transform the Middle East into democracies and resolve the Israeli-Palestinian issue was at the point of a gun, namely military intervention. They seized upon the post-9/11 anti-Arab sentiment, and persuaded enough Americans that Iraq was an imminent threat, which got us to the point we're at now. Most recently the neo-cons are now pushing for military intervention in Iran and Syria to overthrow their governments. Hopefully enough Americans have learned from the mistakes and won't follow the neo-con philosophy. These people aren't really conservatives, who traditionally would not favor American intervention in foreign conflicts, they are radicals. A better term would be neo-rads.

A dictionary explaination of a neo-con is an intellectual and political movement in favor of political, economic, and social conservatism that arose in opposition to the perceived liberalism of the 1960s: “The neo-conservatism of the 1980s is a replay of the New Conservatism of the 1950s, which was itself a replay of the New Era philosophy of the 1920s” (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.). 

Most recently the neo-con label has been applied to those like Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Bill Crystal, and all the others who in the late 1990's decided that the best way to transform the Middle East into democracies and resolve the Israeli-Palestinian issue was at the point of a gun, namely military intervention.  They seized upon the post-9/11 anti-Arab sentiment, and persuaded enough Americans that Iraq was an imminent threat, which got us to the point we're at now.  Most recently the neo-cons are now pushing for military intervention in Iran and Syria to overthrow their governments.  Hopefully enough Americans have learned from the mistakes and won't follow the neo-con philosophy.  These people aren't really conservatives, who traditionally would not favor American intervention in foreign conflicts, they are radicals.  A better term would be neo-rads.

726749[/snapback]

Yup, that pretty much answers crayons' question.

Have some more noodles for your brain.

Most recently the neo-con label has been applied to those like Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Bill Crystal, and all the others who in the late 1990's decided that the best way to transform the Middle East into democracies and resolve the Israeli-Palestinian issue was at the point of a gun, namely military intervention.  They seized upon the post-9/11 anti-Arab sentiment, and persuaded enough Americans that Iraq was an imminent threat, which got us to the point we're at now.  Most recently the neo-cons are now pushing for military intervention in Iran and Syria to overthrow their governments.  Hopefully enough Americans have learned from the mistakes and won't follow the neo-con philosophy.  These people aren't really conservatives, who traditionally would not favor American intervention in foreign conflicts, they are radicals.  A better term would be neo-rads.

726749[/snapback]

This is exactly why any politician who claims they voted for or against the invasion of Iraq based on the WMD is full of sh--. Anyone in Washington with a pulse knew exactly what they were voting on.

BTW - it's Kristol. Bill Crystal is a commedian/ actor.

This is exactly why any politician who claims they voted for or against the invasion of Iraq based on the WMD is full of sh--.  Anyone in Washington with a pulse knew exactly what they were voting on.

BTW - it's Kristol.  Bill Crystal is a commedian/ actor.

726767[/snapback]

Thanks, but Kristol's arguements are laughable too.

Don't be so frantic metro funky fit driving connnoiseur, you can paint your fit in a lovely shade of mauve :D

726879[/snapback]

Just because that's the color of your Neon doesn't mean I like it for the Fit. :P

That's a very  ''marginal'' line of defense, and btw the french have a nouveau

formula of LSD served with a side of foi grass that you can smoke while coloring your new spectrum of politics with vivid psychadelic crayonz... :D

726855[/snapback]

I remember the first time I smoked some foi grass after I took some LSD. Wow, I won't do THAT again. :P

I don't come on this board much so you may not realize that I am a student of history. 

I've probably forgotten more about history than most of you will ever know but that is besides the point.  I need your help on a pretty recent topic.

I like the trivial things that result in catch phrases.  I understand where "the right" and "the left" comes from and a thousands of other little things like that.  Some are well known, some are not.  If you have questions on any of them, I'll be glad to answer.

One that is very current is partially lost on me.  The term Neopolitician, like Neocon and Neolib gets thrown around a lot.  Is it based on the ice cream flavor?  I would think the republicans would be vanilla because they are all white guys.  Democrats are probably strawberry because many of them are pinkos.  I'm not sure where the chocolate would come in.  Do any of you know?

726707[/snapback]

There are nuts in all of them