Speech by US Navy Captain...

Guess what?  You're just as bad.

Military-based forced democratization does nothing to solve the problems without years and years of building up of democratic institutions.

You aren't solving anything either.  Oh, and just so you know, the majority of people in the middle east are concerned with human rights and freedoms above all else.  They don't hate Democracy or our lifestyle.  They hate some our policies, but not our lifestyle.

Of course, this all depends on what the definition of "they" is.  Are you referring to strictly terrorists (which, by the way, are cells, not nations, and are a minority, not majority) or all people in the region?  PastaJoe was using it in the sense of the majority of the middle east, you seem to think that terrorists are the only answer.

I'm not saying Pasta boy is right, I don't think he is completely.  And I'm not saying you are completely wrong, you aren't.  I'm saying that the real answer, like most things in life, falls between the two extremes, and the people fighting for the extremes are just making the problems worse, not better.

728038[/snapback]

That may be your best all-time post..>EVER<

That being said, I disagree with most of it. I would be willing to bet that an American travelling in Syria or Saudi Arabia is in for a world of sh--. Well, an Anglo-type american anyway.