Didn't realize that Coach Jauron was a heck of

ACor58

He finished 25th at the American Century Championships with a score of 36.

(Stableford Point System Double-Eagle: 10 points; Hole-in-One: 8 points; Eagle: 6 points; Birdie: 3 points; Par: 1 point; Bogey: 0 points; Double-bogey: -2 points)

(Stableford Point System Double-Eagle: 10 points; Hole-in-One: 8 points; Eagle: 6 points; Birdie: 3 points; Par: 1 point; Bogey: 0 points; Double-bogey: -2 points)

726581[/snapback]

Shouldn't he be in the film room?

726581[/snapback]

He's had lots of practice with his golfing season starting early every year.

Your info doesn't indicate whether or not it's a handicapped event or how many holes it was.

A high single digit handicap would get a positive score (no handicap) on a good day.

Give'em 4 days & they could accumulate 36 points.

Being a former NFL player (& a very good one), he's likely very athletic & coordinated.

My friend works at a golf course in Niagara and was playing a round after work one day when he noticed jauron golfing. Jauron was by himself, and so was my friend, so Jauron asked if he wanted to play and they played a full round. My friend said he is a really good golfer.

I was pissed by friend didn't try to get tickets, or ask him why he wasn't back in Buffalo working.

Your info doesn't indicate whether or not it's a handicapped event or how many holes it was. 

A high single digit handicap would get a positive score (no handicap) on a good day.

Give'em 4 days & they could accumulate 36 points.

Being a former NFL player (& a very good one), he's likely very athletic & coordinated.

726635[/snapback]

He had 235 strokes for the 3 day event, which means that he averaged 78.3 strokes per round. 6.3 over par average is pretty damn good.

He had 235 strokes for the 3 day event, which means that he averaged 78.3 strokes per round. 6.3 over par average is pretty damn good.

Thanks for the clarification.

So it likely was a scratch event.

But I'll stand by my comments that, depending on the course, a high single digit handicap would be capable of doing that w/ a good round or 2. It's more likely the results achieved of a low single digit handicap (again, depending on the course).

I guess it also depends on what you consider a 'good' golfer.

For me, especially considering he was an elite athlete, I don't consider it that impressive.

Thanks for the clarification.

So it likely was a scratch event.

But I'll stand by my comments that, depending on the course, a high single digit handicap would be capable of doing that w/ a good round or 2.  It's more likely the results achieved of a low single digit handicap (again, depending on the course).

I guess it also depends on what you consider a 'good' golfer.

For me, especially considering he was an elite athlete, I don't consider it that impressive.

726748[/snapback]

I can't disagree with your asessment on handicapping. But I will stand by my thought that his score was pretty damn good. Lets not forget that he is 55 years old, and any amatuer that can play to 6 is alright in my book.

Elite athletes don't always make great golfers and vice-versa.

Here are how some others finished.

http://tahoecelebritygolf.com/Results.html