Bills preview on cnnsi.

Without defending them in any way I'd easily rank at least 5 of our players ahead of McGahee as the "best player" on the Bills.

Clements

Spikes

Fletcher

McGee

Schobel

726498[/snapback]

Schobel is better than Willis??? silly. I would agree with McGee..and thats about it. Clements had an 'off' season aswell--so i would call it a draw between him and Willis. Fletcher hustles--but is not a GREAT talent.Spikes is possibly the best player on the bills when healthy. talent-wise I think its between McGee and Evans...altho Evans has to prove he can do it as a #1.

Schobel is better than Willis??? silly.

726856[/snapback]

I'd venture to guess that on the open market most league GM's would pay FAR more money for Schobel than Willis McGahee.

I'd venture to guess that on the open market most league GM's would pay FAR more money for Schobel than Willis McGahee.

726858[/snapback]

I think it's a bit too apples and oranges. Willis gets harsh treatment on this board. Some of it deserved, a lot of it not. We are so quick to acknowledge the inferiority of last year's o-line and the incompetence of the coaching and wrongheadedness of trying to make Willis a bigger stronger runner having him gain 10 or 15 lbs. Yet still he had 1250 yards in a terrible offensive season.

Schobel is tremendous and very consistent. I can honestly say though that I haven't a clue who would make more in the open market. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he got more than Willis.

I think it's a bit too apples and oranges. 

726864[/snapback]

I'd frame it out this way-

Aaron Schobel tied Jason Taylor for 5th in the league in sacks last season.

Willis McGahee has yet to even match Travis Henry's 2003 season in rushing yards.

Aaron, playing in a well-rewarded position for racking up sacks, is easily considered a top 10 player at his position and it's not unlikely that a lot of GM's would rank him among the elite 5, where he finished last season.

It's hard for me to imagine ranking Willis among the 10 best running backs in the game, and even then the money for a #10 RB is less to a pretty large degree in FAgency versus a top 10 sack artist.

thats just like bills digest's lineup, but i like it. i really hope whitner starts, and i think JP will, i was a little dissapointed to see Anderson over McCargo but who knows its only a projected lineup. but i would really like to see McCargo start along with Tripplet(who will be awsome).

McGahee is our best player, if you don't see that you have blinders on. Without him we'd lose every game...With a lackluster passing game and teams stacking 8 and sometimes 9 in the box against the run...McGahee is doing all he can...plus getting less than 10 carries in like 4 games last year...if you can't see that they OPEN your EYES and shut yo mouth! :D