Heading up to Niagara-On-The-Lake today

It's gonna be tough leaving the 105 degrees of Dallas to arrive at 80 degrees and the lake breeze coming off Lake Ontario. :o

On the one hand, Mrs. GBID wants me to tag along with her as she goes to the "Niagara Esquestrian Festival". And she also wants me to go along with her as she goes "antiquing". :lol:

On the other hand, I did find out about the wine tasting tour that they have at the local vineyards. :D

Every time I go to NOTL I spend a lot of money :lol:

One of the best 1 hour drives anywhere around WNY. My Wife and I on a whim drove up there this past Sat. afternoon and had a great time.

Came home a couple hundred poorer though.

Go for the wine tasting. You might want to make dinner reservations at some of the wineries, as they have the best dinners in town. Queens landing used to have a great buffet. I'm assuming you aren't a Shaw fan, or I'd recommend the theater if at all available, but I imagine all is sold out by now. The Oban Inn for dinner is also a pretty darn good bet. Great city.

Go for the wine tasting.  You might want to make dinner reservations at some of the wineries, as they have the best dinners in town.  Queens landing used to have a great buffet.  I'm assuming you aren't a Shaw fan, or I'd recommend the theater if at all available, but I imagine all is sold out by now.  The Oban Inn for dinner is also a pretty darn good bet.  Great city.

725985[/snapback]

Kudos for the Shaw Festival. Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum is always worth it, too.

There are ALOT of Wineries in NOTL making it a long day of Wine Tasting.

Its a really nice place, especially some of the older "Historic parts"

I was just up there yesterday dealing with the City for a Building that we are building on one of the farms.

Theres alot of other things you can do out there and its a very short drive to some othe nice areas in Niagara like Port Dalhousie (home of the 5 cents a ride historic charousel, and Niagara Falls.

NOTL is a great little town. Spent an evening there last September with the lovely and talented Kimberly.

Got lost trying to find the QEW back to Niagara Falls and had to drive through St. Catherines, but still, a very good evening.

Mike