Will bush find his veto stamp and it use on a

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Rove adding his scientific insight on discoveries of stemcells research ;)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13810091/

725432[/snapback]

And one minute ago, Bush exercised his veto power for the first time...not on a spending bill to cut the deficit, not on a civil rights issue, but on stem cell research. :)

And still, when I think back to 2004...I STILL think this idiot was a better choice than Kerry...

Here's Rove adding his scientific insight on discoveries of stemcells research :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13810091/

725432[/snapback]

On another note...

He said anyone who doubts what the U.S. is fighting for should spend $13.95 to buy a collection of Osama Bin Laden’s writings.

“We’re in a war with Islamic facists... They want to reestablish and caliphate, an Islamic empire,” he said.

I have that collection. On that point, Rove's reasonably accurate for once.

And one minute ago, Bush exercised his veto power for the first time...not on a spending bill to cut the deficit, not on a civil rights issue, but on stem cell research.  :)

And still, when I think back to 2004...I STILL think this idiot was a better choice than Kerry...

725435[/snapback]

Man, I don't.

All I really wanted out of 2004 was to have either the Presidency, or one house of congress to be controlled by the Democrats. I would have even taken Kerry. ;)

Tis why I voted for a mostly democratic ballot.

Course, I always am scared when one party exclusively holds the legislature and executive.

And one minute ago, Bush exercised his veto power for the first time...not on a spending bill to cut the deficit, not on a civil rights issue, but on stem cell research.   :)

725435[/snapback]

At least he found and used the veto! To bad it wasn't used on a bill that could have reduced the spending....The man is steadfast with his religious convictions good or bad.. 0:);):lol:

At least he found and used the veto! To bad it wasn't used on a bill that could have reduced the spending....The man is steadfast with his religious convictions good or bad.. :lol:  :)  ;)

725454[/snapback]

Or, he uses religious convictions for political purposes like a normal politician.

And one minute ago, Bush exercised his veto power for the first time...not on a spending bill to cut the deficit, not on a civil rights issue, but on stem cell research.  :)

I agree. He sure has a handle on what's important to veto and what not ;)

725435[/snapback]

Scary isn't it?

Man, I don't.

All I really wanted out of 2004 was to have either the Presidency, or one house of congress to be controlled by the Democrats. I would have even taken Kerry.  :)

Tis why I voted for a mostly democratic ballot.

Course, I always am scared when one party exclusively holds the legislature and executive.

725451[/snapback]

That's largely why I voted Democrat for the legislative ballots.

President, though...that's where I want foreign policy determined. And as much as I disagree with elements of Bush's foreign policy...Kerry's was a rehash of Clinton's - worse, when it wasn't simply non-existent.

That's largely why I voted Democrat for the legislative ballots.

President, though...that's where I want foreign policy determined.  And as much as I disagree with elements of Bush's foreign policy...Kerry's was a rehash of Clinton's - worse, when it wasn't simply non-existent.

725464[/snapback]

You mean "Bring the Troops Home" isn't foreign policy? :)

725435[/snapback]

You may be right on bush over kerry.

On this bill he vetoed.

My Thinking is, if we had funded this from the start, providing money to medical research at schools and private enterprise, we would be far advanced in this medical technology that shows promise in curing or aleviating ailments, that cost billions of lost money in our economy due to missed work and healthcare.

You mean "Bring the Troops Home" isn't foreign policy?  :)

725470[/snapback]

"I have a plan" sure as sh-- isn't.

The real kicker for me with Kerry, though, was his stance on gay marriage. You can find my analysis of it here....it was not only a stunning load of bull sh--, it was a stunning load of bull sh-- that spoke directly to his understanding of the word "constitutional"...which I think is important in a president.

(And I know the response to this from someone will be "Well...Bush violates the constitution every day!" Yes, he does...he makes conscious decisions to violate constitutional protections on a regular basis. And I find that "Well, we've had three lawyers look at it, and have decided to suspend this 5th Amendment protection in this case because of X, Y, and Z." FAR more palatable than some yahoo who can't even reason that out because he doesn't even know if federal law supercedes states' laws...)

You may be right on bush over kerry.

On this bill he vetoed.

My Thinking is, if we had funded this from the start, providing money to medical research at schools and private enterprise, we would be far advanced in this medical technology that shows promise in curing or aleviating ailments, that cost billions of lost money in our economy due to missed work and healthcare.

725478[/snapback]

And if the research pans out, the loss of our lead in bio and medical science will cost billions more...

And if the research pans out, the loss of our lead in bio and medical science will cost billions more...

725485[/snapback]

Very good point.

I believe south korea is making remarkable success in this field.

Now ed wont buy an american vehicle or medicine.

The best part about the veto? The fact that he didnt want stem cells being harvested from embryos THAT ARE GOING TO BE DESTROYED ANYWAY. :)

Thats roughly equivalent to telling someone they cant take car parts off a car going to the junkyard, and insisting that the entire car get crushed instead.

Meanwhile, some european and asian countries continue to make great strides in the field of embryonic stem cell research while we wallow in our own sh-- over here. ;)

Any chance that this Bill resurfaces after the elections?

Actually, much of south korea's "gains" were found to be fraudulent.

naughty, naughty

725535[/snapback]

Yes I just read about that after I posted.

My point still stands that we will fall behind in this technology to other countries looking to advance this science for human and economic reasons.

Just like JFK in the space program, which is amazing considering he was a catholic :)

Bush exercised his veto power...not on a spending bill...but on stem cell research.

Given that this was a bill regarding whether or not the federal government should spend money on stem cell research, and not a bill regarding the restriction of stem cell research within the private sector, I'd consider it more a spending bill and less a stem cell research bill.

If one wishes that federal spending be curbed, one must support this veto. Bush, though, has shown no willingness to curb spending in other areas, so this is almost surely an example of him doing the right thing for the wrong reason.

Given that this was a bill regarding whether or not the federal government should spend money on stem cell research, and not a bill regarding the restriction of stem cell research within the private sector, I'd consider it more a spending bill and less a stem cell research bill.

725540[/snapback]

Which is fine and technically accurate, but his reasons weren't economic. After 5.5 years, you can't tell me that this bill finally crosses Bush's line w/regards to spending.

If one wishes that federal spending be curbed, one must support this veto.

No.