This one's for the nerds...

What kid didn't have a crown royal bag full of them?

725208[/snapback]

As a kid my parents made sure that if I had an empty Crown Royal bag, they got me another bottle of Crown so I wouldn't fill it with such geekish toys.

I may be a drunk, but I'm not a geeky drunk.

Yeah, because with friends like Fabio, who talk you into a gay night of male-bonding/basketball watching instead of fugging some model-wannabe... :)

;)

725538[/snapback]

For the record, they were materialistic, snobby, trust-fund-baby model wannabes. :lol:

If the people on this board comprised my friends, I wouldn't just be a geek. I'd be a dead geek, cuz I'd freakin' kill myself.

725532[/snapback]

Sorry you feel that way. It would be a shame if that were to happen to one of our own, wouldn't you say?

Sorry you feel that way.  It would be a shame if that were to happen to one of our own, wouldn't yousay?

725554[/snapback]

It's different for you, fella, because you go to the games and meet a lot of people from here. You gather at the tailgate parties and you gather for garbage plates and it's groovy and cool in a happenin' kinda way and I truly wish that were my way of livin' but I'm an honest-to-goodness anti-social and that kinda livin' for me leads to flopsweat, anxiety and general disappointment.

I have two brothers, three friends, and a wife who would do anything for me and vice versa. I'm covered.

That doesn't answer your question, but I have no good, honest answer for what I'll just qualify as a rhetorical question.

It's different for you, fella, because you go to the games and meet a lot of people from here. You gather at the tailgate parties and you gather for garbage plates and it's groovy and cool in a happenin' kinda way and I truly wish that were my way of livin' but I'm an honest-to-goodness anti-social and that kinda livin' for me leads to flopsweat, anxiety and general disappointment.

I have two brothers, three friends, and a wife who would do anything for me and vice versa. I'm covered.

That doesn't answer your question, but I have no good, honest answer for what I'll just qualify as a rhetorical question.

725585[/snapback]

You're my friend. Deal w/ that.

if you watch star wars, LOTRS, harry potter.......anything of that sort.....scifi all that stuff

ur a nerd or a geek or both......

and I'm proud to say I have my moment when they are on . :lol:

725893[/snapback]

I wouldn't say you are a geek or nerd for just watching them, If you live for them then yes that statement is true.

Like the guy I saw on the weekend when I was in Downtown Toronto (after attending the Jays game) and seen a guy in a LOTR t-shirt standing outside the theatre where the LOTR the Musical is being performed with a plastic toy LOTR sword.

if you watch star wars, LOTRS, harry potter.......anything of that sort.....scifi all that stuff

ur a nerd or a geek or both......

and I'm proud to say I have my moment when they are on . :D

725893[/snapback]

i'll grant ya star wars and LoTR. but harry potter :doh:

any adult who watches harry potter either has kids that like it or is some kinda neverland pixie like jacko

but anyways, Star Wars > (Picard & Kirk)

hehe.

I still play d&d and i am 40.  :doh:

Of course i am playing with my kids and a friends kids....

726455[/snapback]

here's a question for you...

I don't play any of the electronic RPG systems, but I played D&D all through the 80's. Are the two comparable? Is there still room for the old way? I had always thought I would play with my kids, but I'm wondering if the computer versions are soooo much better that it would be silly to even entertain the thought...