PA: Center City (Philly) Bills Backers

• 2 weeks later...

Nice - that's the place upstairs from the train station, right? I used to go to Champions next door - $6/Yuengling what a joke. Had to go there though because it was the only Sattelite place in the city not full of obnoxious Iggle fans. The overall crappy sports bar scene has since forced me to get Sunday Ticket, but maybe I'll check this out sometime.

Nice - that's the place upstairs from the train station, right? I used to go to Champions next door - $6/Yuengling what a joke. Had to go there though because it was the only Sattelite place in the city not full of obnoxious Iggle fans. The overall crappy sports bar scene has since forced me to get Sunday Ticket, but maybe I'll check this out sometime.

Please do. Last year was our first and we want to grow the club. We have a great crew - very funny - which makes it fun regardless of the pain we got subjected to last year.

• 1 month later...
Please do. Last year was our first and we want to grow the club. We have a great crew - very funny - which makes it fun regardless of the pain we got subjected to last year.

733019[/snapback]

I agree, the comments and chants today were hilarious lol

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to update this since the latest board crash. We're meeting at the Public House at 18th & Arch in Center City Philadelphia now. Blue & Blue Light on special, as well as a bunch of great food & wings. We've got our own room in the back with sound and can also spill out into the main bar to keep an eye on the other games.

Great time/atmosphere to watch the Bills!!!

www.dpbbb.net will give you some more details and some pictures from the 2007 season.

Go Bills!!!!

Google Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...&iwloc=addr

Edited by G. Host

• 3 months later...
Just wanted to update this since the latest board crash. We're meeting at the Public House at 18th & Arch in Center City Philadelphia now. Blue & Blue Light on special, as well as a bunch of great food & wings. We've got our own room in the back with sound and can also spill out into the main bar to keep an eye on the other games.

Great time/atmosphere to watch the Bills!!!

www.dpbbb.net will give you some more details and some pictures from the 2007 season.

Go Bills!!!!

Google Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...&iwloc=addr

this still happening?

this still happening?

Absolutely! Not sure if you made it to the Public House this past Sunday for the Seahawks game, but we had around 100 Bills fans. Probably one of the best turnouts yet! An awesome time was had by all. We'll be there for all the games this year.

• 10 months later...
Absolutely! Not sure if you made it to the Public House this past Sunday for the Seahawks game, but we had around 100 Bills fans. Probably one of the best turnouts yet! An awesome time was had by all. We'll be there for all the games this year.

I just moved to Center City from NYC...will you guys be at this bar at 18th and Arch this year?

I just moved to Center City from NYC...will you guys be at this bar at 18th and Arch this year?

I live in Manayunk and we have a Bills Backer Club here, however, I think we are attempting to join the clubs together and meet somewhere in between Center City and Manayunk.

• 2 weeks later...

After 4 yrs of Sunday Ticket in the burbs I'm moving to the city too. Keep us updated.

18th&Arch is a nice spot 'cause it's right near the city hall subway stop and suburban station. WTF is between CC and Manayunk - City Line? East Falls?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw this post, but yes, its still at the Public House. Last week we had 130+ Bills fans and had the whole bar to ourselves. All TV's (including the big projection screen) and sound & shout song over the loudspeakers. Awesome time!

We'll be there every week, so come by when you can.

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Just wanted to update anyone who was looking for a place to watch the games this year in Philly. We'll be meeting at McFadden's on 3rd St. again this year, just north of Old City. Details below:

Free parking on site.

Every Bills game in 2011 will be on with sound.

$2 Blue and Blue Lights are still in effect (they are working on getting Blue Light on tap, but not sure if that will be in place by week one).

All appetizers on the revamped menu are $5. $2 Sahlen hot dogs are back while supplies last.

NEW THIS SEASON:

• Look for a giant inflatable Buffalo Bills and Bills Backers banner outside the bar welcoming you back
  • We will be have the entire first floor to ourselves (front bar and back, depending on how many people show up). Some TV's in the back will be available for other games, and as the season goes on, if we want to put the Eagles or a division rival on one or two TVs in the front, we can do that
  • It will be easier to watch other games because McFadden's has installed SIX new HD TV's for us
  • Seating is first come, first serve, but there will be at least 10 new tables
  • There will be 4 bartenders and 2 servers on staff for all Sunday games
  • You can always go to the bar to get more beer if the waitresses seem swamped
  • Even better, order a beer tower for $20 and stay in your seat for the entire 18 minutes it takes the average Bills fan to power through one of those
  • Hungover? Not ready for a beer just yet? Try a $4 Bloody Mary or $4 Mimosa (I am picturing us spraying champagne bottles when we win the AFC East this year...)
  • Want Anchor Bar sauce on your wings? Just ask. Interested in some Beef on Weck? Order away! That's right, we are introducing McFadden's to the Kimmelweck roll this year.

You're kind of excited right now, aren't you? Just wait. Also new this season: every Sunday, you get a raffle ticket when you walk through the door. During each game, McFadden's will be raffling off Bills swag (much of it autographed). There will be several prizes this weekend. And I'm not talking a t shirt or a key chain. Autographed footballs, jerseys, game tickets...but you've got to show up each week to get entered, and you have to be there when we pull the winners to claim your prize.

Also, we're finally getting DPBBB t-shirts! McFadden's is having them paid for by Labatt, so they are FREE. We'll be handing them out (hopefully) week one on a first come, first serve basis. If not this Sunday, it will be week 2, so you'll just have to show up both weeks to guarantee yourself a t-shirt. And I'm sorry, but I had them order a sampling of sizes (no time/energy to take orders from everybody), so get there early if you can't stand the thought of an ill-fitting free t-shirt.

Anyone who's traveling through Philly, stop by and watch the game! Go Bills!!!!!!!!!

• 7 months later...

DAY 2 DRAFT PARTY with Eric Wood, Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, and possibly others!!

Here's a link to Chris Brown's blog with some details:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2012/04/26/attn-philly-based-bills-backers/

This is on Friday the 27th for Rounds 2 & 3.

We'll be at McFadden's on 3rd St. and the players will be coming over around 6 or 7 to sign autographs, do some give away some merchandise, and hang out.

No cover, parking in the lot is free (before 8pm), and there will be plenty of $2 Blues, Blue Lights, and wings. Everybody is welcome to come and hang out!

• 4 weeks later...

DAY 2 DRAFT PARTY with Eric Wood, Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, and possibly others!!

Here's a link to Chris Brown's blog with some details:

http://blogs.buffalo...-bills-backers/

This is on Friday the 27th for Rounds 2 & 3.

We'll be at McFadden's on 3rd St. and the players will be coming over around 6 or 7 to sign autographs, do some give away some merchandise, and hang out.

No cover, parking in the lot is free (before 8pm), and there will be plenty of $2 Blues, Blue Lights, and wings. Everybody is welcome to come and hang out!

Hehe. Nice.

This crew has come a looooong way. Draft Day parties with players, when we used to have to fight with bar managers? Wow. Great job guys

Edit: And, now that I'm completely removed? The Philadelphia Bills backers is confusing, and frankly, silly. Should change their name to something that accurately reflects where they meet(not in Philly).

Center City is Center City, and if you are going to call yourself "Philadelphia", you have to be meeting there. The only reason we did the Downtown thing...was for people who were new to Philly and therefore don't know enough to call it Center City.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

• 3 months later...

Yeah, OCin, a long way from when we started, right? I'm guessing that 300 show up today for the first game.

Some updated notes for the season from Michelle's email:

• Just like last year we will have something to raffle off every week. Autographed items, jerseys, flags etc..
  • Doors will open at 11:30 each week for those that want to get there early for tables/Bar seating
  • Drink Specials: $2 LaBatt Drafts, $3 Labatt Light Bottles, $15 draft Towers of LaBatt, $25 draft towers of Import Beer...$4 Absolute Bloody Marys/Mimosas
  • Food: Menu will be the same as last year with the same pricing, most items $5, (burgers and kimmelweck rolls a little more), except the addition of the "Garbage Plates" which are $10.
  • Bills Loyalty Cards: These will be ready to go for week 1. Each week people can get them punched by a bartender, and we will most likely be using these to drop in hats for raffles as the raffle tickets are getting more and more expensive. On the last game of the season (playoffs hopefully) we will draw one person's card out to win a huge prize (autographed game worn jersey, helmet, something along those lines)
  • T-Shirts: I have attached the t shirt design for this year. Color of the shirt will be red or bills blue. Front will have the bills backers logo, bigger than last year, back will have the bills schedule for 2012. Should be somewhere around $15, depending on how many are ordered.
  • Bills Decor: We have new posters, flags, and some jerseys we are getting framed and hung up this year. Should be the place to be for any Bills fan in the city.

Everyone's welcome. Free parking in the lot attached as well as the empty lot across the street. No Cover. Tons of Bills fans for every game!!!