Ted Nolan the GM killer

RayFinkle

LINKY

724822[/snapback]

Lets not be so quick to put the boots to Ted Nolan. Mike Milbury is also still in the mix here, while he was supposed to be moved upstairs, its very possible that Milbury was still trying infuence team in Smith's territory.

It true that when hired , Nolan had already been hired and Smith made it a point to stress this. It tells you others have their fingers in the mix.

It was not a good move for Islanders to hire Nolan before Smith. But this an error of upper management and more directly the owner.

I think you are going to find this was Milbury sticking his nose into Smith job. For Smith it was a question rather you keep the hell out or I am the hell out of here. He is the hell out of there.

This is not on Nolan..... imo

Lets not be so quick to put the boots to Ted Nolan.  Mike Milbury is also still in the mix here, while he was supposed to be moved upstairs, its very possible that Milbury was still trying infuence team in Smith's territory. 

It true that when hired , Nolan had already been hired and Smith made it a point to stress this.  It tells you others have their fingers in the mix.

It was not a good move for Islanders to hire Nolan before Smith.  But this an error of upper management and more directly the owner.

I think you are going to find this was Milbury sticking his nose into Smith job.  For Smith it was a question rather you keep the hell out or I am the hell out of here.  He is the hell out of there.

This is not on Nolan..... imo

724849[/snapback]

It was sarcasam, but thanks for being nice in your response. :P

Milbury needs to be completly removed from that hockey club. The Islanders have some of the best scouts in the business and they draft extremely well. If they just showed a little more patience they'd be talking about winning their 3rd straight Cup right now.

Look at the original Islander picks who have excelled for other organizations...Kasparitus, Bertuzzi, Wade Redden, Chara, Luongo, Connolly, JP DuMont, Bryan McCabe, Eric Brewer. If they had just kept those guys that team would be the dominant team in the NHL right now.

Teddy's already forced out the GM...Now all he needs to do is get bombed off the firewater every night and sleep with Yashin's wife, and it will be like he never left the league!

724869[/snapback]

Carol Alt???

Still looking pretty good as she hits the late 40s.

Islanders to hire  " Garth Snow" as General Manager ,  :P  :P  :P  :doh:  :lol:

got to be something in the water..... :o,  Snow was under contract to be backup goalie.

Snow job

724943[/snapback]

That is friggin' classic.

I truly feel sorry for any Isles fans out there. 'Cause it doesn't look like things are getting any better.

That is friggin' classic.

I truly feel sorry for any Isles fans out there.  'Cause it doesn't look like things are getting any better.

724959[/snapback]

Maybe the Sabres can convice Marty that he would be better off in the front office and get his salary off the books that way...er...I think. :P

question...will Garth have a piece of plywood under his suit like he used to wear under his jersey?

724964[/snapback]

Get with the program. That wasn't plywood, they were shingles from his dad's roofing business. :P

They will give him that "square shoulder", ready for business look though. So I wouldn't put it past him.

Wang is going to be on with Mike and Mad dog at 6:00. What is being said so far is that Smith did not agree with the management structure as set up where , Smith , Nolan, Trottier, La Fontaine, all reported to Wang and made decisions as a group with Wang making final call.

Snow signed a contract last year for three years at $750,00 @. The rule is when a player signs a contract over the age of 35 it will count against the teams cap. So Snow who is going to be the teams General Manager his player salary will count against the cap.